Any of you guys into casting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camaroboy383

Invention is the mother of necessity!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
So I got into casting not to long ago.. it's been an on going plan for a couple years for me.. Finally started melting and pouring a couple weeks ago..

I have some plans for down the road, just trying to get a grasp on everything first.. is anyone here into casting?

So I got into casting not to long ago.. it's been an on going plan for a couple years for me.. Finally started melting and pouring a couple weeks ago..

I have some plans for down the road, just trying to get a grasp on everything first.. is anyone here into casting?

No, but that looks so much fun and much stronger than 3d printed parts. Think of all the rc parts you could make!:D You could go into buisness. (y)
Bashcast.:love:
No, but that looks so much fun and much stronger than 3d printed parts. Think of all the rc parts you could make!:D You could go into buisness. (y)
Oh, I was thinking of molding. Nevermind. Still super cool though.
Oh, it is what I was thinking. I shouldn't reply till I watch the whole video.

Last edited:

Oh, I was thinking of molding. Nevermind. Still super cool though.

It is definitely alot of fun.. I'm sure some rc parts will be casted down the road.. 👍.. also plan to get into lost pla investment plaster casting..😎

But I'm having an interesting hurdle that's proving difficult to get over.. that's why I was wondering if anyone here is into casting so I can pick their brain..👍.. the video above is only my 7th pour as far as split patterns..

The only casting I do is with a rod and reel 🤣 I am interested in metal casting though(y) The Vegoil guy in youtube have some good stuff on metal casting

Oh man, I thought this was going to involve a couch. :ROFLMAO:

Now that is funny...🤣🤣🤣
The only casting I do is with a rod and reel 🤣 I am interested in metal casting though(y) The Vegoil guy in youtube have some good stuff on metal casting

Vegoil guy is a great channel for investment plaster cast's for sure... But Myfordboy takes the cake in all of it... I speak with those guys frequently about it all.. but this one issue I'm having with surface porosity only on the drag side surface is mind boggling.. nobody seems to know a cure at this point, so I'm just experimenting with different variables at this point...

I few years ago I designed a small 4 stroke inline 4... My plans are to cast the head, block, oil pan and some other parts.. but I need to get proficient at clean castings first.. 👍.. hopefully soon..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back