Senton Any of you running spiral diff (AR220041) or spiral on 6s? (poll)

Straight ou spiral diff.?

• Straight

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Spiral

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl9171

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi!
If yes, did you struggled to remove the rear diff. pinion? The 2,5 mm screw seems to be really hard to remove. (Input shaft cup screw… If I am correct ) Any tip?

rear diif.png

Thanks
PL

Last edited:
If you switch to the spiral cut gear set make sure you switch out both front and rear at the same time. The Senton has straight cut teeth on both the 13t diff pinion and the 43t crown gear. The spiral gear set drops down to a 10t diff pinion and 43t crown gear. You can still run the lower geared spiral set, but to keep the same overall gearing you'll need to add a motor pinion with 4 more teeth to make up the difference

If you switch to the spiral cut gear set make sure you switch out both front and rear at the same time. The Senton has straight cut teeth on both the 13t diff pinion and the 43t crown gear. The spiral gear set drops down to a 10t diff pinion and 43t crown gear. You can still run the lower geared spiral set, but to keep the same overall gearing you'll need to add a motor pinion with 4 more teeth to make up the difference

Ok, great advice… The front diff is original. So i can maybe keep every thing original and install the spiral gear for futur project.
Thanks
PL

Hi!
If yes, did you struggled to remove the rear diff. pinion? The 2,5 mm screw seems to be really hard to remove. (Input shaft cup screw… If I am correct ) Any tip?

View attachment 22596

Thanks
PL
For that input cup set screw, use heat to break the thread lock.. Heat it with a soldering iron for 30-60 seconds, then try it.

Whixh of the two pinions would be the strongest? I have heard people that run buggies they prefer straight cut

Oh ..gears? That's was good you have to sacrifice one for the other.i think it's best to stick with the shim trick

I am interested in the straight cut because of the different pinions. I am going to be running 1:5 wheels and tires, so I'll just wait to see what breaks

Back