Raider Any one know a good (and cheap) esc and motor combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed123

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Looking to upgrade from my stock esc and motor to a brushless system but do not want to spend a ton of money. Any suggestions for a brushless esc and motor combos?

I've been looking at this Leopard toro 1/10 scale esc and motor combo looking to upgrade to brushless and this looks like it may be a good system. The motor is 4370 kv and a 9 turn seems like it might be a good budget system it cost's about 100$. Any advise about this system of suggestions for other systems thanks!

If your looking for abit of a higher price point I'm pretty shure that hobbywing makes some pretty nice products like the Quicrun bl60 it comes with a 60a esc and a motor (you can choose the turn) and the whole combo is about 100$ (its regularly 140$)

I agree in case of the quickrun, girlfriends 1:10 Dune Buggy had that.
Motor is from Monstertronic. Up to 3S combo...
Quite aggressive!

I've run a variety of motor / esc combos (leopard, skyrc, and cool rc, hobbywing) in my raider and quanum vandal, all with good results. Currently running CoolRC 80A + 3800KV. Is as fast as my buddies stock raider BLX (mega). eBay link- $56

Only problem I've found is this is not waterproof. I try to avoid water as a rule with raider, but with seasonal lakes [video link] occupying much of dunes at one of my favorite beach spots, and the crazy speed of the raider on sand tires, there was a little water crossing - enough to short out. Luckily I had just received mavic to play with. And also luckily, once ESC dried out for a week or so, was fine again. Have a dozen or more runs in the sand (2-4 6000mah packs each run) still going strong.

Thank you. Old thread but good tips that I was searching for. One newbie question - can I program the aftermarket ESC to the controller the raider comes with? I am confused on that. Thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back