Outcast Any options to improve weak shock ball cup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htimsda

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I spent the day at the Pro-Line & Big Squid RC Monster Truck A-Palooza. For all the massive jumps and flips we were doing all day, my outcast did really well at holding up to the abuse. There were 5 Arrma vehicles (4 outcasts and one Kraton) that represented Arrma really well. We won the freestyle competition and dominated the monster darts competition. The one part that I'm disappointed with is the shock ball cup that attaches to the bottom of the shock shaft. I broke two of these today. I feel like these shouldn't be breaking. Any suggestions on how to address this issue to eliminate downtime for this?

Last edited:
Funny, I'm looking for same info. Bashed and crashed my outcast did a few cartwheels and the bottom end of the shock absorber pulled through the mount,looks pretty week there

Funny I have not broken one of those yet, I have bend the poop out of the front shocks twice, and broke a shock shaft in the lower shock eyelet in the rear.

I am now running Tekno shocks in the front and they seem to be holding up much better than the stock ones. The lower shock eyelets on the Tekno shocks also seem a bit beefier too bad they do not fit on the Arrma shocks.

I have busted a few of these on my Kraton as well before I took a 2 year hiatus from RC. I recall having round a beefier substitute at my LHS. but I can't recall details. I think it was a Traxxas part.

Has anyone tried the rpm rod ends for the revo or emaxx?

The rod ends are a nice cheap part to break or wear out and dam easy to change. I been through around 5 in the last year. You’ll find that they stretch or wear around the ball with heaps of bashing. I reckon it’s one of those parts u gotta stock up on !! Break one buy two :D

I spent the day at the Pro-Line & Big Squid RC Monster Truck A-Palooza. For all the massive jumps and flips we were doing all day, my outcast did really well at holding up to the abuse. There were 5 Arrma vehicles (4 outcasts and one Kraton) that represented Arrma really well. We won the freestyle competition and dominated the monster darts competition. The one part that I'm disappointed with is the shock ball cup that attaches to the bottom of the shock shaft. I broke two of these today. I feel like these shouldn't be breaking. Any suggestions on how to address this issue to eliminate downtime for this?

I'e got the problem solved on my outast was blowing the eyelets like crazy havnt broke 1 sence

HR 110mm limiting straps work in the back. I broke alot of shock rod ends before i put these on. Haven't broken any fronts yet.

Attachments

• 20200306_170714.jpg
    20200306_170714.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 48
HR 110mm limiting straps work in the back. I broke alot of shock rod ends before i put these on. Haven't broken any fronts yet.
You know that is what the droop screws are for right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back