Kraton Any RC regrets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
You guys regret or would take back any purchases? After purchasing nearly all the Arrma models, I can sincerely say that I regret only 2 of them: Notorious 6s and Kraton 6s. Notorious is annoying as heck to control and Kraton is boring as hell nothing exciting. Every other arrma model I look forward to bashing but those two just not for me.

3s Typhon and 3s Senton they have so many stupid design decisions and no way to really fix the problems they cause other than bandaid fixes.

the Kraton is the original Arrma that started it all. I have 4 there tough as nails and fast. I have a speed rig a bash rig and a jump rig its the most versatile arrma out there. Hell I bet I can smoke most infraction in a drag race to 75MPH. Ive in RC for over 30 years and BY far the Kraton is my favorite one. My old Thunder tiger is 2nd!!!!

Yep. Arrma kraton v5. I had non stop issues in the beginning. Ended up buying everything powerhobby and aluminum diffs. Aluminum bulkheads. I really never bash it other than typical 5 ft jumps. In the end I wish I would have bought the exb version might have had better luck. But a year later I finally decided to strip it down and part what was left over.

How much time have you got? LOL..just kidding. I agree with @Fishtank , Thunder Tiger was a huge letdown for me(MT4G3). Actually a great rig overall, just that TT pulled the plug and walked away.. then, there's the Tmaxx..just straight cheesy from the start, actually is the reason I dislike TRX as a whole. Most of their models are built with every intent on selling overpriced upgrades IMO. The real jab is they're the most expensive rig in pretty much every segment acrossed the board.
Sorry @fish I hit the wrong user, LOL

Last edited:
I REGRET THIS WHOLE HOBBY! Its more addicting than crack and more fun than a strip club (i can touch my RC's:p) it takes your money without you even knowing it and makes you budget your money around it when you do realize what you spend.
DAMN THIS CRAZY HOBBY!!!;)

I REGRET THIS WHOLE HOBBY! Its more addicting than crack and more fun than a strip club (i can touch my RC's:p) it takes your money without you even knowing it and makes you budget your money around it when you do realize what you spend.
Lmao! I think people buy before the really know what’s out there or really know what they want. I have 3 EXB’s and my original V1 from 2010. It’s a Frankenstein now. My thunder tiger was my favorite but I sold it just had a hard time finding parts.
How much time have you got? LOL..just kidding. I agree with @fish , Thunder Tiger was a huge letdown for me(MT4G3). Actually a great rig overall, just that TT pulled the plug and walked away.. then, there's the Tmaxx..just straight cheesy from the start, actually is the reason I dislike TRX as a whole. Most of their models are built with every intent on selling overpriced upgrades IMO. The real jab is they're the most expensive rig in pretty much every segment acrossed the board.
The MT4 was a bad a$$ rig had one for years just hard to find parts. The kraton is the closest thing you’ll ever find to the MT4

Lmao! I think people buy before the really know what’s out there or really know what they want. I have 3 EXB’s and my original V1 from 2010. It’s a Frankenstein now. My thunder tiger was my favorite but I sold it just had a hard time finding parts.
Whats messed up is those who know what they're getting into and still jump in. I jumped in and struggling to swim! :ROFLMAO:

Started out with a couple Redcat that were a huge pain to work on and broke all the time. Could not get through a single pack without something cracking or bending. Starting to regret the Infraction 6s only becasue I don't have the space or time to really run it. That's more on me than the RC.....haha.

Started out with a couple Redcat that were a huge pain to work on and broke all the time.
☝️☝️☝️Redcat...HATE working on the BO XTE. It was great at 1st. Their SCT is a POS too! Never again will I buy a Redcat!

My favs....
Noto6s! Backflip machine. It's made for this and not really anything else. Senton 3s on my track is is second. Love it and have had zero issues with it. Tough as nails!

Started out with a couple Redcat that were a huge pain to work on and broke all the time. Could not get through a single pack without something cracking or bending. Starting to regret the Infraction 6s only becasue I don't have the space or time to really run it. That's more on me than the RC.....haha.
Oh snap! Completely forgot the RC experience! LOL.. 10 years ago, Redcat Avalanche XTE..worst rc experience to date for me. Makes the Tmaxx look good,LOL!! Not even gonna get into it, just that bad. Never again.. until Kaiju, HaHa. RC redeemed themselves to some degree there. I like it, been reasonably durable and alot of fun.
As I type, I'm reminded of the Kyosho Double Dare I bought as a teen..not as disappointing as the Avalanche, but it was pretty bad too..

The MT4 was a bad a$$ rig had one for years just hard to find parts. The kraton is the closest thing you’ll ever find to the MT4
Still rocking the MT4!! Nowadays, it's living the easy life as a truggy, ST4. LOL. I found a bunch of parts at Dollar Hobbyz for it a couple years ago. They broke a bunch of MT4G5 kits..the driveshafts are huge compared to the G3, had to use the G5 diff outdrives to accommodate them.
I don't do shelf queens, so I run a pack through every now and then.

You guys regret or would take back any purchases? After purchasing nearly all the Arrma models, I can sincerely say that I regret only 2 of them: Notorious 6s and Kraton 6s. Notorious is annoying as heck to control and Kraton is boring as hell nothing exciting. Every other arrma model I look forward to bashing but those two just not for me.
I regret buying the first one
i regret buying the very first one that got me hooked on this stuff. If I could go back and do it over I would.

Granite Voltage. Bought it for my son and it has been unreliable almost from the start. Better off with an Amazon car if that price range is where your budget is at.

The final straw was when I replaced the plastic transmission which stripped the diff cups..and immediately stripped the tranny again upon installation of new diff cups. On 2s.

So now it's decorative door stopper until he isn't attached to it anymore or I can afford to slap the body shell on a 4x4 granite so it looks the same 😂

+1

That's funny right there..and right on point!!🤣🤣🍻

Oh snap! Completely forgot the RC experience! LOL.. 10 years ago, Redcat Avalanche XTE..worst rc experience to date for me. Makes the Tmaxx look good,LOL!! Not even gonna get into it, just that bad. Never again.. until Kaiju, HaHa. RC redeemed themselves to some degree there. I like it, been reasonably durable and alot of fun.
As I type, I'm reminded of the Kyosho Double Dare I bought as a teen..not as disappointing as the Avalanche, but it was pretty bad too..
I had a great Redcat experience. Dipped my toes back into the hobby after 25 years with getting a Blackout Pro & it was cheap fun, then stepped into a MT10e & a MT8e BE6s. Granted the last two are rebranded Team Magic trucks, but those are both the toughest trucks I have had (currently also have Arrma Notorius 6s, Kraton 6s EXB, Kraton 4s V1, TC Sketer).

Still rocking the MT4!! Nowadays, it's living the easy life as a truggy, ST4. LOL. I found a bunch of parts at Dollar Hobbyz for it a couple years ago. They broke a bunch of MT4G5 kits..the driveshafts are huge compared to the G3, had to use the G5 diff outdrives to accommodate them.
I don't do shelf queens, so I run a pack through every now and then.
those were the baddest rides around back then! had mine for years the parts were getting to hard to find so I sold it to a buddy that had one for spare parts. I'd say the EXB kraton is the closest thing I've seen to a MT4 as far as tough and fast.

I had a great Redcat experience. Dipped my toes back into the hobby after 25 years with getting a Blackout Pro & it was cheap fun, then stepped into a MT10e & a MT8e BE6s. Granted the last two are rebranded Team Magic trucks, but those are both the toughest trucks I have had (currently also have Arrma Notorius 6s, Kraton 6s EXB, Kraton 4s V1, TC Sketer).
I can believe that. Redcat is all over the place IMO. Which is why I mentioned the Kaiju, it's been great. Avalanche XTE sucked balls.
So you have the MT8E eh? I looked long and hard at it, decided not to buy it due to Redcats instability. It's basically disappeared from the US market(MT8E). I know No Problem Computers still sells it, but between the design and availability, I'm not going there. Just me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back