Kraton Any RC regrets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I regret getting back into the hobby after 10 years away from it, I'm probably 15k deep last few years alone.
Come to think of it, I regret getting back into it 20 years ago too, when RC drifting became a thing.
I mark every day that I don't buy something RC related as a win. I'm trying my hardest to regret less.
Sh!t, I think that's the UPS guy brb...

I have been pretty Lucky, Started with the 6S Mojave, then Added a 6s Typhon or two, Three Element Crawlers, a bunch of SCX24's some FMS FCX24's and a few others and I haven't regretted any of them yet. So far they have all been fun.

I probably should think about slowing down on purchases, or else it's going to be hard to make sure they all get time to play.

when I look at RC vehicles / parts. The struggle is real.

scratching chappelles show GIF

YES... I copy his regret as mine as well. Kids out of college and gone, time on my hands outside of work...finding a spot where I am not run off. I am so jealous of some of these videos where people have these cool public BMX big spots and things like that.... my rigs just sit and look at me until I make the 1hr drive to the country, which for me makes a total of 3-4hr a day...just too much work to pack and go that far. Damn!
I had that problem too..so 10 years ago, we moved to the country. Not really THE reason we did, but sure is a benefit!!👌🍻
We wanted to get the kids out of a big school district, best decision ever!!

YES... I copy his regret as mine as well. Kids out of college and gone, time on my hands outside of work...finding a spot where I am not run off. I am so jealous of some of these videos where people have these cool public BMX big spots and things like that.... my rigs just sit and look at me until I make the 1hr drive to the country, which for me makes a total of 3-4hr a day...just too much work to pack and go that far. Damn!
everything is fenced off these days can't go on bmx tracks get kicked off. then when you think you've found somewhere someone sticks there head through the bushes and tells you to bugger of. I have fields but there just flat and boring

I regret buying a used Axial Yetti. Kinda liked the idea of a solid rear and IFS set-up, but it really doesn't handle very well. Not very fast, sucks as a crawler, and doesn't jump worth a sh!t. Think I'll sell it. Good thing is it has a lot of upgrades on it, came with a DX4C, a Venom charger, and a bunch of spares.

☝️☝️☝️Redcat...HATE working on the BO XTE. It was great at 1st. Their SCT is a POS too! Never again will I buy a Redcat!

My favs....
Noto6s! Backflip machine. It's made for this and not really anything else. Senton 3s on my track is is second. Love it and have had zero issues with it. Tough as nails!
Wait till that Tekno hits the track, that'll change ur mind right quick!!😉🍻
I almost went with the HoBao VTE2 but I didn't want a spool plus i have tons of arrma parts but there rides are top of the line!!
Gotta try me a Hobao!! One of, if not the only company still making a 1/8 sct. Was eyeing their 1/10 sct as well but couldn't resist a Tekno for $290.. can't be beat at that price IMO.

Last edited:
Regrets??? Nah, i'm too stubborn to have regrets. All my RC's are perfect choices and everything i purchase is 100% needed and used almost immediately. I drive all my cars every week, and just don't have enough batteries laying around. Sometimes I think i even need a few more RC's because the ones that I have just need a breather cause I drive them so often.

Regret not getting a Nero back when they were still being sold. At the time I was still drinking the trashus koolaid
Ditto I bought an Outcast because it was cheaper.
Wait till that Tekno hits the track, that'll change ur mind right quick!!😉🍻

Gotta try me a Hobao!! One of, if not the only company still making a 1/8 sct. Was eyeing their 1/10 sct as well but couldn't resist a Tekno for $290.. can't be beat at that price IMO.
Some day I'm going to buy a Hyper 7.
I hear ya! The nero is cool af. I don't want it now though since TRX sued it out of existence and parts are all but gone.. I've got boxes full of discontinued rc's..it's depressing TBH.

That's terrible.. I mean, yeah, I get bored of the same spot but thankful to have A spot where no one cares what I do. Sorry to hear that.
Most of the parts are still readily available for the Nero, except for the electronics they are the hardest thing to fins but can still be found. You could literally build a Nero from the parts available online. Bodies, wheels and tires are pretty much gone though.

This is just what is available on eBay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=arrma+nero&_sacat=0

-edit- Hey I found a body https://www.ebay.com/itm/1656106389...4PofmP4MFqNm8wm+qSv9sJmlw=|tkp:Bk9SR7KHn8rtYA

Last edited:
I regret buying a used Axial Yetti. Kinda liked the idea of a solid rear and IFS set-up, but it really doesn't handle very well. Not very fast, sucks as a crawler, and doesn't jump worth a sh!t. Think I'll sell it. Good thing is it has a lot of upgrades on it, came with a DX4C, a Venom charger, and a bunch of spares.
I almost bought one of the losi lasernuts but luckily I asked the question on here and the overwhelming answer was don’t get it!

Regrets? Lots. Like not doing enough research on upgrades and finding out they're worse than stock. They looked shiny and cool. Lol.

The only RC I regretted buying was the Ofna Pirate 10. Bought it new. Basically a 1/10 scale MT with an 1/8th scale motor. A Hyper .21. I could have put a more sensible motor in it but, didn't. Stupid power. Crazy to control. Ripped parts out of it every other run. Spent more time on the bench than running. But, when it was running, hilarious fun. The LHS was an Ofna dealer. Parts were available. When they had a dispute with the distributor, I couldn't get parts. Gave up and sold it.

https://www.rcscrapyard.net/ofna-pirate-10.htm

Not sure why one pic is so small. The only ones I have left. Taken with 1MP camera and transferred to several PC's.
Ofna Pirate.jpg
Ofna Pirate 3.jpg
Ofna Pirate 2.jpg

I almost bought one of the losi lasernuts but luckily I asked the question on here and the overwhelming answer was don’t get it!
I love my Lasernut but it isn't the basher everyone hoped it would be.
If you like the scale looks then it's a fun rig.

Notorious 6s was a big disappointment. Thinking of selling it and buy the v2 Outcast 4s when they're available here. The 3s and 4s cars are much more fun to drive.
Care to go into any more detail? I have both (6s Notorious and 4s v1)and have had the opposite experience. The smaller trucks just don't hold up to what I do to them on a consistent basis.

3s Typhon and 3s Senton they have so many stupid design decisions and no way to really fix the problems they cause other than bandaid fixes.
Kinda thought it was like a little brother to the Mojave 6s. What's your main problem with it?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back