Kraton Any RC regrets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys regret or would take back any purchases? After purchasing nearly all the Arrma models, I can sincerely say that I regret only 2 of them: Notorious 6s and Kraton 6s. Notorious is annoying as heck to control and Kraton is boring as hell nothing exciting. Every other arrma model I look forward to bashing but those two just not for me.
I think the kraton is probably their best models—of course, one you install all the upgrades.

I have mine tuned pretty good and I race and bash with it and it has out performed all other rigs of its kind—at least around my way. I have a 6sV5 with all of its original electronics except the servo going on 2 years and it’s crazy fast and handles excellently.

I also have 3 typhons including TLR, Talion and fireteam. The one I regret the most is the Talion Exb, mainly because of the price and because it’s just a thoughtlessly put together car. A true piece of poop.

I regret the outcast 4s v2. Everything plastic that's usually metal on other rigs has failed. Dust cover and mudguards help, but I have to keep an eye on the plastic components. Wish I got the tekno mt410 or a 6s exb
Notorious 6s was a big disappointment. Thinking of selling it and buy the v2 Outcast 4s when they're available here. The 3s and 4s cars are much more fun to drive.

Kinda thought it was like a little brother to the Mojave 6s. What's your main problem with it?
It's always broken or it needs bearings in the slipper and motor do to the stupid motor module design I seriously have to tear apart the motor module and either rebuild or replace the bearings in the slipper and the motor every few runs and I'm seriously to the point where I want to trade both of them off for a Slash 4x4. My Slashpede 4x4 isn't always broken and I don't have to replace the bearings in the center diff or motor every other time I run it either. It's my opinion that the Traxxas 1/10 platform is a better platform yes it costs more and the electronics suck but at least you can address its problems instead of using bandaid or homebrew hack job fixes for everything.

Last edited:
Started out with a couple Redcat that were a huge pain to work on and broke all the time. Could not get through a single pack without something cracking or bending. Starting to regret the Infraction 6s only becasue I don't have the space or time to really run it. That's more on me than the RC.....haha.my first was a

Started out with a couple Redcat that were a huge pain to work on and broke all the time. Could not get through a single pack without something cracking or bending. Starting to regret the Infraction 6s only becasue I don't have the space or time to really run it. That's more on me than the RC.....haha.
My first was a redcat shredder back in July. Nothing but problems from the beginning. Took me multiple diffs front, rear and center to get it running again. Frankensteined the center one with an Arrma, and finally figured out how to shim the other two correctly. The only redcat I'd consider now would be one of the low rider hoppers...but not for the current price..lol. My second rc was a Arrma Outcast 4s V2 and immediately, ironically, had an issue with the rear diff. Turned out to be the rear input gear had plastic teeth and Horizon corrected/warren-teed that within week and a half. Now I have a Mojave and Infraction 6s as well...and...I'm completely sold on Arrma products! I have put those things through complete hell. Just replaced the chassis(horizon honored) on the outcast and its back up and bashing. Not to say I am not a Traxxas fan or won't get into Traxxas, I just don't have that much experience yet. That being said I do have a Traxxas Rustler VXL 2WD and love that little thing..it's fun!

My first was a redcat shredder back in July. Nothing but problems from the beginning. Took me multiple diffs front, rear and center to get it running again. Frankensteined the center one with an Arrma, and finally figured out how to shim the other two correctly. The only redcat I'd consider now would be one of the low rider hoppers...but not for the current price..lol. My second rc was a Arrma Outcast 4s V2 and immediately, ironically, had an issue with the rear diff. Turned out to be the rear input gear had plastic teeth and Horizon corrected/warren-teed that within week and a half. Now I have a Mojave and Infraction 6s as well...and...I'm completely sold on Arrma products! I have put those things through complete hell. Just replaced the chassis(horizon honored) on the outcast and its back up and bashing. Not to say I am not a Traxxas fan or won't get into Traxxas, I just don't have that much experience yet. That being said I do have a Traxxas Rustler VXL 2WD and love that little thing..it's fun!

I wanted a Rustler for a long time, I've had my 2wd Stampede since 2015, and finally decided to build one and wish I would have gotten one sooner. I've done a few things to mine though as it is not really stock anymore. For a 2wd vehicle it is super fun to drive, it drives so much better than the 2pede does.

Rpm front bumper.
eBay aluminum front bulkhead.
eBay aluminum front shock tower.
Rpm rear shock tower.
Rpm front bumper.
Losi DB Pro shocks.
Rpm a arms front and rear.
Rpm wide mod so I can the same tires front and rear.
Arrma BLX100 esc.
eBay 3660 3300kv motor.
Traxxas 272R Magnum transmission, still has stock diff fluid in it.
DS3225MG servo.
Spektrum SR3100 receiver.
STRC hinge pins.
Duratrax Lockup MT tires.
Traxxas aluminum rear axle carriers.
eBay aluminum front caster blocks and axle carriers.
And I dyed the chassis black with RIT dye.

20220923_192432.jpg

I think the kraton is probably their best models—of course, one you install all the upgrades.

I have mine tuned pretty good and I race and bash with it and it has out performed all other rigs of its kind—at least around my way. I have a 6sV5 with all of its original electronics except the servo going on 2 years and it’s crazy fast and handles excellently.

I also have 3 typhons including TLR, Talion and fireteam. The one I regret the most is the Talion Exb, mainly because of the price and because it’s just a thoughtlessly put together car. A true piece of poop.
Ironic. Just goes to show how much differently we use and perceive things. I don't disagree with your opinions per say, but a kraton being better for bash/racing than a Talion? I agree, the rtr kraton handles decently, but don't see it keeping pace with a talion on anything resembling a race track. I have a kexb, and my brother has an rtr v5 kraton and a talion exb. All great rigs in my opinion, but no way the kratons keep up with the talion on track. Just my perception of course. 🍻

Ironic. Just goes to show how much differently we use and perceive things. I don't disagree with your opinions per say, but a kraton being better for bash/racing than a Talion? I agree, the rtr kraton handles decently, but don't see it keeping pace with a talion on anything resembling a race track. I have a kexb, and my brother has an rtr v5 kraton and a talion exb. All great rigs in my opinion, but no way the kratons keep up with the talion on track. Just my perception of course. 🍻
I see what you mean. Let me correct something.

I had to severely alter the talion exb to get it to behave anywhere near a real race car. So the talion out the box it’s very fast in a straight line on grass. But try to put it on a dirt track and watch it spin out and nose dive all day long. On concrete it just kept flipping on its back. It had no acrobatics.

So I had to do so many more alterations to the talion than to the kraton to get them where they are right now. But because of the ground clearance and bigger tires that the kraton uses, it still handles way better on most terrains than the talion.

I have to keep the fireteam out of this because mine is still brand new. I’ve done all my modifications but haven’t hit the ground with it. I have driven my friend’s fireteam and it felt well balanced and has a lot of potential. I converted mine to 8s, so I won’t put it side by side for comparison with my other 6s cars.

But listen, outside of opinions, if you really hook up the kraton, get all the right differential oils and shock oils in place, the right servo, proper steering angle, and all the durable parts and tires in there, it is freaking ridiculous.

I also have a tekno ET48 2.0. No Arrma can compare to this. Different class of course.

70EB4D11-5D4D-41F1-B52D-9C67DF6838F0.jpeg

I wanted a Rustler for a long time, I've had my 2wd Stampede since 2015, and finally decided to build one and wish I would have gotten one sooner. I've done a few things to mine though as it is not really stock anymore. For a 2wd vehicle it is super fun to drive, it drives so much better than the 2pede does.

Rpm front bumper.
eBay aluminum front bulkhead.
eBay aluminum front shock tower.
Rpm rear shock tower.
Rpm front bumper.
Losi DB Pro shocks.
Rpm a arms front and rear.
Rpm wide mod so I can the same tires front and rear.
Arrma BLX100 esc.
eBay 3660 3300kv motor.
Traxxas 272R Magnum transmission, still has stock diff fluid in it.
DS3225MG servo.
Spektrum SR3100 receiver.
STRC hinge pins.
Duratrax Lockup MT tires.
Traxxas aluminum rear axle carriers.
eBay aluminum front caster blocks and axle carriers.
And I dyed the chassis black with RIT dye.

View attachment 245563
Almost like you had to take the Traxxas out of it? 🤣🤣 Sweet build!!👌🍻
I do recommend the Redcat Kaiju, but really the only Redcat I could recommend.
Daughter's boyfriend bought a Shredder a couple years back to run with my brother and I. Wasn't the worst Redcat, but still not good IMO.

Care to go into any more detail? I have both (6s Notorious and 4s v1)and have had the opposite experience. The smaller trucks just don't hold up to what I do to them on a consistent basis.
It feels way to heavy and don't like how it drives. Prefer the more lighter 4S cars.

It feels way to heavy and don't like how it drives. Prefer the more lighter 4S cars.
I quite often fell this way. My 1/10 Arrmas get used a lot more than my heavy 1/8 kraton 6s, but I still love it and don't regret the purchase. This is why I'm trying to keep my Typhon 6s light by using CF and not beefcaking it.

I REGRET THIS WHOLE HOBBY! Its more addicting than crack and more fun than a strip club (i can touch my RC's:p) it takes your money without you even knowing it and makes you budget your money around it when you do realize what you spend.
DAMN THIS CRAZY HOBBY!!!;)
You should come to some German strip & table dance clubs sometime. A lot of them will let you touchy touchy. They're not nearly as uptight about it as they are in the US. Just make sure to ask and not assume but many will greenlight you copping a feel. I will never forget one gal in Cologne that had the softest, silkiest skin I've ever felt in my entire life before or since. I was rolling that night and it felt like a Teflon® banana peel. Total mindbender. :LOL:

You should come to some German strip & table dance clubs sometime. A lot of them will let you touchy touchy. They're not nearly as uptight about it as they are in the US. Just make sure to ask and not assume but many will greenlight you copping a feel. I will never forget one gal in Cologne that had the softest, silkiest skin I've ever felt in my entire life before or since. I was rolling that night and it felt like a Teflon® banana peel. Total mindbender. :LOL:
Smell like Hawaiian Tropic too?

Do "normal" women EVER smell like that?🙃
lol...no. At least none that I've ever encountered. Just everything about her was on an entirely different level from any "normal" or even above average woman. A totally different league of perfection.

lol...no. At least none that I've ever encountered. Just everything about her was on an entirely different level from any "normal" or even above average woman. A totally different league of perfection.
Blonde/ brunette/ other/ or none of the above?

Almost like you had to take the Traxxas out of it? 🤣🤣 Sweet build!!👌🍻

I do recommend the Redcat Kaiju, but really the only Redcat I could recommend.
Daughter's boyfriend bought a Shredder a couple years back to run with my brother and I. Wasn't the worst Redcat, but still not good IMO.

I actually converted my Stampede to a Rustler and since I wanted to run the same wheels front and rear on it so I did the Rpm wide mod to it, then it kind of snowballed from there and now I also have a Stampede again :ROFLMAO:

That Arrma servo has got to go either that or the radio it is twitchy and slow to center its just weird, thought I would at least give the stock 3s Arrma electronics a try, Amazon cheapo servo and either a Spektrum SR3100 or Radiolink R6FG leaning more towards the Radliolink.

20220923_192140.jpg

Amazon cheapo servo and either a Spektrum SR3100 or Radiolink R6FG leaning more towards the Radliolink.
FWIW I have both of those in all my rigs. No issues so far. 🤞I really like the Radiolink.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back