Kraton Any RC regrets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually converted my Stampede to a Rustler and since I wanted to run the same wheels front and rear on it so I did the Rpm wide mod to it, then it kind of snowballed from there and now I also have a Stampede again :ROFLMAO:

That Arrma servo has got to go either that or the radio it is twitchy and slow to center its just weird, thought I would at least give the stock 3s Arrma electronics a try, Amazon cheapo servo and either a Spektrum SR3100 or Radiolink R6FG leaning more towards the Radliolink.

View attachment 245735
Pretty bada$$👌👍

FWIW I have both of those in all my rigs. No issues so far. 🤞I really like the Radiolink.
The Radiolink is cheaper and has a gyro built in, I might swap the Rustler over as well.

everything is fenced off these days can't go on bmx tracks get kicked off. then when you think you've found somewhere someone sticks there head through the bushes and tells you to bugger of. I have fields but there just flat and boring
You need a ramp

Kraton/Outcast 4S V2, Vorteks 3S
I'm right there with you on kraton but why hating on vortek? I like it best of all the 3s lineup....super quick, steers amazing, and flips like crazy!

And I 2nd the ramp idea. Suggest kc rc ramps. I got 48" wide and I launch even the 1/5 models on it, very sturdy but light

Last edited:
Reading through this thread it's obvious people have different experiences from others. One man's worst rig is another man's most reliable.

I'm right there with you on kraton but why hating on vortek? I like it best of all the 3s lineup....super quick, steers amazing, and flips like crazy!

And I 2nd the ramp idea. Suggest kc rc ramps. I got 48" wide and I launch even the 1/5 models on it, very sturdy but light
Until I jumped off a ramp I had 0 idea of what was really possible w/ these things. So much fun yet so much more breakage due to my crappy landings. That's w/ typhons & that makes me REALLY want a kraton!!

I regret the typhon 3s and kraton 4s. Though I've finally gotten my typhon 3s to a place thats decent and it's almost enjoyable to drive. IT's a lot heavier than stock though.

Reading through this thread it's obvious people have different experiences from others. One man's worst rig is another man's most reliable.
I've seen the 3s models listed more than anything else though.

thought of that but don't think I would get it in the car
you can if you have a normal sized car. We have a Toyota Camry and fit our ramp in the trunk just fine.

Flips like crazy? Is yours stock?

Anyway, it's just a class of vehicle I don't have a use for. If there were a loose 1/10 dirt off-road track nearby, maybe for that, but there isn't one.

Are there any RCs that are 1/10 like the 3s line but built like the 6s line? LIke a mini mojave or mini fireteam?

Are there any RCs that are 1/10 like the 3s line but built like the 6s line? LIke a mini mojave or mini fireteam?
The closest thing I can think of is the Skeeter but that is 4s.

Flips like crazy? Is yours stock?

Anyway, it's just a class of vehicle I don't have a use for. If there were a loose 1/10 dirt off-road track nearby, maybe for that, but there isn't one.
I switched the shocks out from a Losi to handle the jumps since I like flipping it so much. Very light in the air to control and easy to triple and even quadruple backflip. None of my others arrmas can do tthat

Where's the RCs go then? :unsure:

On top of the ramp. You can't buy my ramp anymore but we're getting the KC RC ramp next and that one is also able to fold pretty damn flat. We actually leave our ramp in the trunk and never take it out. Groceries, rigs, everything goes on top of that thing no problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back