any real difference between these spektrum receivers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The difference is that for $10.00 more you are getting the receiver ($79.99 if purch. sep.) that has both AVC and Telemetry. The first one includes the basic AVC only reciever.( also $79.99 purch sep.)
I don't see why one costs more than the other. Because both DX5C's come with Receivers that are equal in price if purchased separately. I myself have the DX5C with the AVC only receiver. Question is will you have a need down the road for the Telemetry feature. Your call on that one. The best deal of the two is actually the AVC only radio for $10.00 less. I would shop around more. Aparrently the SR6100AT reciever may be in more demand. (price is higher) As It is a newer model from Spektrum. Try to find a better price on the DX5C with the SR6100AT. Again both have the AVC feature. But the higher priced one includes Telemetry in the receiver. Both are great receivers.

The difference is that for $10.00 more you are getting the receiver ($79.99 if purch. sep.) that has both AVC and Telemetry. The first one includes the basic AVC only reciever.( also $79.99 purch sep.)
I don't see why one costs more than the other. Because both DX5C's come with Receivers that are equal in price if purchased separately. I myself have the DX5C with the AVC only receiver. Question is will you have a need down the road for the Telemetry feature. Your call on that one. The best deal of the two is actually the AVC only radio for $10.00 less. I would shop around more. Aparrently the SR6100AT reciever may be in more demand. (price is higher) As It is a newer model from Spektrum. Try to find a better price on the DX5C with the SR6100AT. Again both have the AVC feature. But the higher priced one includes Telemetry in the receiver. Both are great receivers.
so yeah the cheaper one would be better since i would have to buy a spektrum telemetry esc for it right? (stock arrma kraton 6s)

I read through the SR6100AT Rx manual briefly. You will get some Telemetry data to your DX5C but not all of the Smart telemetry Data if you are not using The Firma Series ESC's. Personally, I would shop it more and try to get the SR6100AT versus the SRS6000 non smart Rx. Just to future proof your set up. Maybe you'll get a Firma ESC's down the road. I don't know. $10.00 difference may not be a huge deal. Telemetry is not a big deal for me. Maybe in the future.The DX5C is a nice radio for the price. 1 year warranty and all. And Spektrum support is fine by me. My first DX5C came damaged new in box. They asked for the radio only. And turn around was great with warranty. They replaced with a new one in box and another additional reciever. I have it for two years now for 6 models. The non AVC DSMR Spektrum receivers can be gotten very cheaply also for additional models as needed. I am not a fan of AVC in all of my models. So I don't need that feature. BTW the DX5C is backwards compatible with DSM2 RX's. An older protocol. If that means anything. Just some ideas. Good luck.

I read through the SR6100AT Rx manual briefly. You will get some Telemetry data to your DX5C but not all of the Smart telemetry Data if you are not using The Firma Series ESC's. Personally, I would shop it more and try to get the SR6100AT versus the SRS6000 non smart Rx. Just to future proof your set up. Maybe you'll get a Firma ESC's down the road. I don't know. $10.00 difference may not be a huge deal. Telemetry is not a big deal for me. Maybe in the future.The DX5C is a nice radio for the price. 1 year warranty and all. And Spektrum support is fine by me. My first DX5C came damaged new in box. They asked for the radio only. And turn around was great with warranty. They replaced with a new one in box and another additional reciever. I have it for two years now for 6 models. The non AVC DSMR Spektrum receivers can be gotten very cheaply also for additional models as needed. I am not a fan of AVC in all of my models. So I don't need that feature. BTW the DX5C is backwards compatible with DSM2 RX's. An older protocol. If that means anything. Just some ideas. Good luck.
hmmm sounds like the dx5c with 6100at is the way to go .. I am returning my dx5 rugged so i would actually get like $40 back :)
(the spectrum metal radio case is $40... seems like a good deal)

so this
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XTH77KY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?smid=A1GQDAFE4QGJK8&psc=1
61YTCihoYfL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

and this
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NDUEL8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
71pOVb6T0iL._AC_SL1400_.jpg

will probably be good for my first RC in like 15 years and work good for my kraton 6s

PS where in queens are you from.. i did my last 2 years in nypd in queens (bayside 111 pct)

Save the $40. Unless you really need a waterproof radio. The Rugged is more appealing to the Crawler crowd guys being around mud water and crawling in the rain and climbing trails and big rocks etc. I crawl too, but use a very cheap $35 Tactic radio/rx and ironically has been water logged and dropped 10 feet and it still works. Lol. I got he Spekteum case too. The DX5C fits perfect in the DX6R case. I thinks I paid $48 for it 2 years ago. Good luck. ?
20191221_144758.jpg
20191221_145727.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back