Any recommendations for good tarmac tires for the Kraton (UK suppliers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In your case I would recommend BackFlip LP's. Low profile for fast tarmac running and decent for jumping also. Great all around tires. Balloon less than most others.
There are others, but I don't think available in UK??? IDK.
Are Louise tires available in UK? Look into that brand also. (roughly equivalent to Duratrax brand here in the states)
Good luck.:cool:

In your case I would recommend BackFlip LP's. Low profile for fast tarmac running and decent for jumping also. Great all around tires. Balloon less than most others.
There are others, but I don't think available in UK??? IDK.
Are Louise tires available in UK? Look into that brand also. (roughly equivalent to Duratrax brand here in the states)
Good luck.:cool:
Great help, thanks. Not heard of Louise tires, Have Duratrax in the uk.
Aern't backflip lp's the stock tires? Can't find low profile ones here?

My only Duratrax experience is with the DTX X-Con 1/8 Truggy pins(zero offset) I like them. (K6s) Very good gluing. Durable. Good for jumping also. NOT for Tarmac however, unless you want them as Slicks as the pins wear out . That could be a plus for Tarmac Only running? :unsure:IDK for sure.
These are available in 1/2"+ offset as well. For a wider track. Have these also. (on my Noto)

Last edited:
Thanks, what I would ideally like is a pre-glued set of tires and rims to keep the stock ones for an easy swap over when I need to go on grass etc.

They look okay don’t they. I was looking on the website just now after seeing your question. If you put .co.uk it gives the pounds as well. 👍.

They look okay don’t they. I was looking on the website just now after seeing your question. If you put .co.uk it gives the pounds as well. 👍.
Ah brilliant, Thanks. Can you recommend any on there that take your eye? Just as an example :) What does the 1/2" offset mean? Quite new still, 6 months into the disease that is rc lol

1/2" +(positive)offset means the wheels will stick out more. Widen the track. Zero offset means the wheel hub is centered on the wheel. Will reduce track width. Wheels are closer to the body. Its personal preference. Wider versus Narrow track width.
Ah brilliant, Thanks. Can you recommend any on there that take your eye? Just as an example :) What does the 1/2" offset mean? Quite new still, 6 months into the disease that is rc lol
^^^
Looks like a decent Tarmac tire. Not sure about jumping though. Maybe ok.

Last edited:
I like you am new to this habit of rc. 😂🙈. I’m still having a look for tyres but have found that the 4s backflips ain’t bad so far. Stock ones don’t last me but I do run a Max6 combo in mine and the fat trigger finger doesn’t help.

I also run Sweeps Belted Terrain Crushers on the street. Suck on Grass or dirt. FWIW. Zero ballooning. But I feel they are delicate wheels. No jumping with these. And will hairline crack if you hit bad potholes and ruts for sure. For serious speed running with large MT tires, they are good. Just drive carefully with them.
Nice looking wheels though. Very durable tread and rubber.

Great help, thanks. Not heard of Louise tires, Have Duratrax in the uk.
Aern't backflip lp's the stock tires? Can't find low profile ones here?
BackFlip LP's are the stock tires with the Arrma Outcast 4x4 4S rigs.
Have you tried Ebay?
It became a popular upgrade tire for 6s rigs. (Same 17mm hubs)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back