Any recommendations on cheap transmitters and/or receivers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Gyro can really transform a lot of vehicles when bashing due to the increased stability but when you think about it, it is a crutch.. you wont really learn how to handle them if the gyro is doing half the work.
I find it great for drifting but if I was even half serious about racing in the future (where they are illegal..) I'd switch it off and instantly start learning tons more about driving them properly.

Have to agree 100% here. I raced back before this technology existed and races are lost and won in the corners (cliche term, but it is true). Knowing how to manage throttle/brake in and out of turns is the critical part, turning the wheel is rather trivial.

EDIT: That said, I've decided to go with the FlySky GT5 because of the gyro override feature.

I would have to agree on the gyro discussion, it seemed like no matter how I adjusted the AVC on my DX5C the car always seemed to want to fight me. My car drove so much better with AVC turned off.

I have an rcg4s....it is also a great radio? I actually went to the gt5 because it feeeeels so much better in my hand.

I don't race RC, and I don't race the real stuff anymore. I use my local tracks to as a measuring stick, this is much like doing track days to "test and tune" the idea of a Gyro seemed interesting and for $30 extra bucks, why not.

The gyros are nice. If it was not for the gyros, my wife would not be in the hobby. (She cant drive a straight line to save herself without one?)
Have to agree 100% here. I raced back before this technology existed and races are lost and won in the corners (cliche term, but it is true). Knowing how to manage throttle/brake in and out of turns is the critical part, turning the wheel is rather trivial.

EDIT: That said, I've decided to go with the FlySky GT5 because of the gyro override feature.
You will not regret that decision?

Dumbo rc 6 channel, for what it costs great radio. Apparently can be bound to many receivers just have to adjust trims etc for different cars.

what is the Issue with the STX2 I have it on a recent typhoon I just bought seems ok to me
At some point it will get really laggy and disconnect randomly. It will end up running away or crashing. You can wait until that happens or get ahead of it by buying a $25 radio.

I have 5 arrma cars, all came with the stx2. All have been junk.....laggy, one kept reversing the throttle, one was just interference prone and after that i don't even try them. Buy a new radio right off the bat. Its like a traxxas speed control....ya, some people get lucky with them, but not for too long.....lol

It's a shame to constantly see all these new guys have to deal with replacing their radios and bearings because Arrma/Horizon has to hit a price point. I don't like it myself and as a result my last two models have been from other brands.

New tyohon 6s, just got it prepped for the oval?

Attachments

• 20200620_175843.jpg
    20200620_175843.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200620_175747.jpg
    20200620_175747.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 35
At some point it will get really laggy and disconnect randomly. It will end up running away or crashing. You can wait until that happens or get ahead of it by buying a $25 radio.
Yeah Err I need to retract that comment
The first run it seemed fine I never noticed anything like what ppl have experienced.
argh Low and Behold second run , I crashed it the Lag is terrible it’s like a second delay and the range is pathetic .

DumboRC X6 is the best bang-for-buck Tx/Rx on the market imo. I had a flysky gt3 that was cool cause it has a 10 model memory and all the fancy settings like Exponent, etc, but no gyro and once I got my Traxxas ERBE with the gyro I had to have one on my next model. That model was the Kraton 6S v4 so 2 birds one stone. I literally never even put batteries in the STX Tx, I've seen how trash they are.

Get the DumboRC X6A. Looks and feels better with a slightly grippy almost rubbery feel to it. I have both and I much prefer the feel of the X6A. Feels like a much more high quality piece. It is black with red accents. Great transmitter.

Also I picked up one of the X6F receivers that come with a set of LED lights that plug into a second set of pins on the left side. Headlights, brake lights and a set of blue accent LEDs. The brake lights work when you hit the brakes apparently. They don't use up any of the 6 channels. I have not installed them yet but that's cool. That receiver and the LEDs are still stupidly cheap. Available with or without gyro. That's literally $10 US. The radio and receiver is $40 Canadian so $30 US or so. They work very very well. My son and I are planning to play around with all the extra channels and some micro servos. He wants to build a little garage to put on the back of the Notorious that he can hit a button and open the door on and have his little 1/18 Haiboxing jump out of it. :D

1597414170789.png

1597414426795.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back