Notorious Any recommended Tool Sets/Tools to work on my ARRMA?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harvey Rowland

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello Again Fello Arrma Fans ?
Soooo...I need to start adjust a few things and fixing stuff on my Notorious.
As a beginner i don't really have any good tools to suit the job yet and i think it would be worth investing in.
I am a bit skeptical about taking things apart but the right set of tools always brings a certain amount of confidence.
I assume there's not just one complete RC Toolbox set you can buy is there?
I would appreciate everyone's input on what they use and why and also website links to the products if possible...THANK YOU!

Start off with 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3mm MIP hex drivers (don’t bother buying any other brand to save money. Remember, you get what you pay for).

Last edited:
1. Hex drivers 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm. MIP are really good. I have the Dynamite DYNT2030 and they are decent.
2. Nut drivers
3. Needle nose pliers
4. Hobby knife
5. Camping head lamp

If you want to make wrenching more enjoyable: MIP speed tips and an electrical screwdriver.

MIP, good stuff.
Thanks Arrmadillo, so what particular tools do i need? Theres heaps of options ?
1. Hex drivers 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5mm. MIP are really good. I have the Dynamite DYNT2030 and they are decent.
2. Nut drivers
3. Needle nose pliers
4. Hobby knife
5. Camping head lamp

If you want to make wrenching more enjoyable: MIP speed tips and an electrical screwdriver.
Thanks Flipside - thats a good list. Will have to look up what a Nut Driver is though ?
Can you buy MIP branded stuff here in Australia or do i need to order online from overseas?

Thanks Arrmadillo, so what particular tools do i need? Theres heaps of options ?

Thanks Flipside - thats a good list. Will have to look up what a Nut Driver is though ?
Start off with 1.5, 2 and 2.5 mm hex drivers like said above, they will cover most of your fasteners. These 3 drivers come in a package, you can buy them on Ebay or direct from manufacturer, but cheaper on Ebay. Start off with these first then you can figure out what tools you need next.

Start off with 1.5, 2 and 2.5 mm hex drivers like said above, they will cover most of your fasteners. These 3 drivers come in a package, you can buy them on Ebay or direct from manufacturer, but cheaper on Ebay. Start off with these first then you can figure out what tools you need next.
Thanks! i would like to order as much as i can i one go if possible. What size nut drivers would i need?

Thanks! i would like to order as much as i can i one go if possible. What size nut drivers would i need?
Mostly 5.5 and 7mm, but you can buy a set of 5, from 4mm to 8mm and use them on stuff around the house, doesn't have to be MIP but any quality nut drivers. I use a set of Craftsman.

I pretty much have most of what I need but I'm sure there are more out there I could use. One thing for sure I have on my bench is a old stereo speaker which works great for magnetizing my drivers and I stick all my extra screws on the magnet so I don't lose any.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back