Any Rival MT8 owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@razorrc has or had one..liked it too..there is a thread aboot it somewhere in this mess🤣🤣
KT has a vidya on it too..didn't fare well to his shenanigans, but not much does?
I did notice in his vid the tires did balloon quite a bit.

They're pretty good. I have no idea about ballooning, that's something I control with my index finger.

Thank you, I wanted to link up the thread but work got in the way😉
They're pretty good. I have no idea about ballooning, that's something I control with my index finger.
I'm too much of a meathead to understand..🤣🤣
Looking at the tires. The stock tires, are they any good? Do they balloon really bad? Wear out fast?
I was wondering about the mt8 tires for other rigs too..I guess that was what you were really asking about..sorry.
I bought a set of tires and wheels for the new savage from JRC to try out..they're okay, but don't seem adequate for 6s IMO. They balloon alot and the foams are starting to bunch up inside the tires making them lumpy..and they started coming unglued rather quickly.

Attachments

• images.jpeg-1.jpg
    images.jpeg-1.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
So I ordered a set of the tires. They are a little shorter than Backflip LPs, and a little wider.

Will try them on my Kraton Jr (SWB kraton), and if 6s seems too much for them, they are going on my Sketer.

Last edited:
How did this work out?
They are great. I think the balloon less than the backflips. They have lasted a long time with no issues, and I rip around on the street all the time. Still have them on one of my 6s rigs. I run 6s with a 1650kv motor and 23t pinion. So pretty fast rig.

They are great. I think the balloon less than the backflips. They have lasted a long time with no issues, and I rip around on the street all the time. Still have them on one of my 6s rigs. I run 6s with a 1650kv motor and 23t pinion. So pretty fast rig.
Glad to hear, I really want to pick up a set. I wish the MT8 were more popular with kit breakers..
But then again, JRC wants more for Kaiju EXT tires than Redcat sells them for? Like a set of those too..amongst a million other things!! LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back