Kraton Any solution to the kraton steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
My kraton has been not steering all the way right only like fourth of what is should. And I’ve tried everything i even have a zip tie in my servo saver so its super tight but my steering is still cr@ppy. Any solutions you guys know of I’m just tired of dealing with this thanks in advance.

My kraton has been not steering all the way right only like fourth of what is should. And I’ve tried everything i even have a zip tie in my servo saver so its super tight but my steering is still cr@ppy. Any solutions you guys know of I’m just tired of dealing with this thanks in advance.

Did you set the steering endpoints? If you have, then you need to disconnect the servo horn and ensure that there is no binding anywhere in the steering, i.e. check the pillowballs and Ackerman plate, etc.

Did you set the steering endpoints? If you have, then you need to disconnect the servo horn and ensure that there is no binding anywhere in the steering, i.e. check the pillowballs and Ackerman plate, etc.
Yes i have done all of that i’ve checked my endpoint I’ve recentered my servo etc.

44646D05-571F-43B8-AA2D-45F006425982.jpeg
image.jpg

Generally 2-3 snap rings gets the SS good for most guys. 3-4mm more tension is all you need. If you completely lock out the SS that can crack the SS hub. Perhaps one possible cause of your issue? IDK. Look very close at the SS hub.
I would remove the servo from its mount, disconnect the arm and look closer at it while still plugged in and check its response. May be just a bad servo.
Ar eyou absolutely sure the Steering plate (Ackerman plate) is not bent. They are very soft and hard to see if it is tweaked unless it is removed and placed on a flat surface. You would be surprised how the smallest tweak/bend will give poor ST to one side. L or R.

Getting a longer servo horn over the stock one will only mask the issue. Not a good work around to your issue. Disconnect the servo arm and check the ST bellcrank for equal movent L to R. Freely. Make sure your Pivot balls are not binding. This happens with dirt running. This happens alot. Pivot ball and hubs may need a good cleaning and adjustment upon assembling.

I think it may be to much that spring looks bound up pretty good that looks like about u could fit 10 or more snap rings. I only used 2 and could tell a big difference.
But a locked SS by itself wont cause poor Steering from left to right. My spin.
>>>Unless the SS belcrank cracked/split from being too tight. In the picture the SS still looks centered well enough. But maybe it is cracked/split. Happens like that when they get worn out or the Spring tension is way too tight.
May need to go to JennysRC and buy a new whole belcrank set. Start over.
Have we ruled out if the servo is bad???? The obvious possibility.

But a locked SS by itself wont cause poor Steering from left to right. My spin.
>>>Unless the SS belcrank cracked/split from being too tight. In the picture the SS still looks centered well enough. But maybe it is cracked/split. Happens like that when they get worn out or the Spring tension is way too tight.
May need to go to JennysRC and buy a new whole belcrank set. Start over.
Have we ruled out if the servo is bad???? The obvious possibility.
Yes and that spring being to tight could cracked it. Hopefully he will take out and check out. But I have seen the Acermen plate being slightly bent being a issue u to. And it could just be junk sevo

^^^ pretty much all of what you said. Only a closer inspection/disassembly will reveal this.
I still say Pivot balls dirty and binding. Possible. My Mojave always does this for some reason. I think because of the inner wheel wells at the front. I run on clay and the wells contain the clay around the front wheels when spinning and pack into the PB's. They bind up really tight, usully L or R is more locked and prevents full lock to lock Steering. He needs to check for free moving PB's.

Just for giggles, check and make sure the upper a arm is in the correct orientation. I made that mistake once, felt like a dummy when I finally figured it out.🤦

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back