Kraton Any suggestions for upgrades/accessories for the Kraton 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OfferRuno

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey all, I was just wondering if you guys had any things that you've added to your car and how is your overall rating of the car. Thanks

In order of importance

1) Radio
2) RPM arms
3) Rubber sealed bearings
4) Hot Racing 17mm hexes
5) Adjustable motor mount
6) 18T pinion
7) 25kg servo
8) Kimbrough servo saver
9) Hot Racing pivot balls (hard to find today)
10) Backflip LPs
11) Hot Racing steering rack
12) Hot Racing yokes

In order of importance

1) Radio
2) RPM arms
4) Hot Racing 17mm hexes
6) 18T pinion
7) 25kg servo
8) Kimbrough servo saver
10) Backflip LPs
12) Hot Racing yokes
Do I need all of these as we speak or can I wait off on some of them after I break it etc

Do I need all of these as we speak or can I wait off on some of them after I break it etc
Only the radio is essential day 0. Everything else could be fix as you break.

I see I see, as I am a kid I can’t buy things at my will, I’m trying to buy the new 70-80 dollar (I forgot the price) spectrum transmitter and receiver
Save some money and get a Dumborc x4 or x6 and spend the rest on a servo and bearings. You could get all three for $80

Dumborc x4
DS3225MG Servo
FastEddy Bearings

$80 total

80D79C77-9734-45E8-8D1D-552F320F28E9.png

How’s the x4 compared to the x6 is there really any difference and would it be hard to set it up I’m super sorry for asking all these questions but I was looking at reviews and I was seeing that it was hard to bind etc.
The x6 has 6 channels which is kind of overboard for a basher. The 4ch x4 would be plenty. ??

The 4s is pretty stout in stock form. Radio does indeed suck. I was gonna keep because of the 50% throttle function for my little boy but it's made me crash too many times and it's starting to cost me. Broke a front arm today... amazing that's all. It's too slow for corrections in the air. I'll be going with the tried and true TTX300 Radio/reciever the older Arrmas use.

If you're on a budget, just drive it and have fun and save your money for when something breaks (which it will!).

6) 18T pinion

Just out of interest, what benefit does this have? Still getting used to what it all means. Found a few interesting videos from Horizon Hobby on you tube last night though that explain gearing quite well.

And to the OP I’d go along with what razorrc said, and then use jondilly’s list as a reference for upgrades as and when you can.

I tried out my K4S for the first time last night and absolutely loved it! It was sooo fast! I was in limited space so couldn’t fully open it up but just WOW! I rolled it pretty hard once or twice and all seemed good. Can’t wait to get a real test in the daylight today.

So far all I have done straight out of the box is put some RPM arms on as they’re cheap and I knew I’d crash as it’s been so long since I’ve had an RC car. The remote doesn’t seem too bad to me, but I will be upgrading to the Dumborc at some point for more response. I think it’s because I have been out of rc for so long I don’t have anything to use as a reference point for the STX2, so I can’t notice the delays like others do.

Anyway, enjoy it and have fun ??

Last edited:
In order of importance

1) Radio
2) RPM arms
4) Hot Racing 17mm hexes
6) 18T pinion
7) 25kg servo
8) Kimbrough servo saver
10) Backflip LPs
12) Hot Racing yokes
18T pinion you are madness?
I would put the hot racing diff yokes in the top 3 if you start having rear diff issues

Just out of interest, what benefit does this have? Still getting used to what it all means. Found a few interesting videos from Horizon Hobby on you tube last night though that explain gearing quite well.

And to the OP I’d go along with what razorrc said, and then use jondilly’s list as a reference for upgrades as and when you can.

I tried out my K4S for the first time last night and absolutely loved it! It was sooo fast! I was in limited space so couldn’t fully open it up but just WOW! I rolled it pretty hard once or twice and all seemed good. Can’t wait to get a real test in the daylight today.

So far all I have done straight out of the box is put some RPM arms on as they’re cheap and I knew I’d crash as it’s been so long since I’ve had an RC car. The remote doesn’t seem too bad to me, but I will be upgrading to the Dumborc at some point for more response. I think it’s because I have been out of rc for so long I don’t have anything to use as a reference point for the STX2, so I can’t notice the delays like others do.

Anyway, enjoy it and have fun ??
18T gets you the wheel speed needed when doing flips. You don’t need to approach the ramp with too much speed, but you need that punch at the top of the ramp to launch and get tire rotation in the air. Well, maybe this is just for us Michigan Sunday Funday types that drive with reckless abandonment. ??‍♂️???

Radio for sure, then bearings. After that I'd go with the hot racing rear diff yoke. I've had great luck with the A-arms. I think I broke one but it was totally my fault. You will get different opinions on the arms based on driver skill.

Radio for sure, then bearings. After that I'd go with the hot racing rear diff yoke. I've had great luck with the A-arms. I think I broke one but it was totally my fault. You will get different opinions on the arms based on driver skill.
Same just broke 2 arms by kissing a metal post twice the rear arm was still holding with one support and i just kept bashing?
18T gets you the wheel speed needed when doing flips. You don’t need to approach the ramp with too much speed, but you need that punch at the top of the ramp to launch and get tire rotation in the air. Well, maybe this is just for us Michigan Sunday Funday types that drive with reckless abandonment. ??‍♂️???
How many backflips you get with 18t? I was able to do one backflip in 1.5 secs and land with a lot of time to spare im up to 15t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back