Big Rock Any thoughts before I check it out??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Well prob what I get for running my RC on company time. But never the less. There is a great looking bash spot around where I work downtown. Don't wanna make the drive on my day off. And its dark after im off work. Ive been wanting to leash my BR on it since ive gotten the rig. So finished up a little early tonight and had just about 30 min b4 I had to clock out. Got BR out and here we went.....up the huge grass hill. Didnt like the first attempt so back down I came ripping till I hit the other side of the what looked like even with the ground sidewalk. BAM!! Other side wasnt level😵. Hit the throttle and all I hear is whizzing from what sounds like the pinion spinning and nothing else. Bent motor mount again ? Another stripped spur??

Well prob what I get for running my RC on company time. But never the less. There is a great looking bash spot around where I work downtown. Don't wanna make the drive on my day off. And its dark after im off work. Ive been wanting to leash my BR on it since ive gotten the rig. So finished up a little early tonight and had just about 30 min b4 I had to clock out. Got BR out and here we went.....up the huge grass hill. Didnt like the first attempt so back down I came ripping till I hit the other side of the what looked like even with the ground sidewalk. BAM!! Other side wasnt level😵. Hit the throttle and all I hear is whizzing from what sounds like the pinion spinning and nothing else. Bent motor mount again ? Another stripped spur??

We all have the itch to bash so cannot blame you...

Have a video or pic something we can see to help determine?

You probably knocked the pinion loose. This literally happened to me this evening with my Vorteks. Grub screw flew out and caused minor damage. Clutch and pinion are still fine. The motor mount has some light grazing where the adjustment/mounting screws are. Just take the motor off, assess the damage, make your fixes and get back out there!

No of course no footage. Gonna have to get me a tripod for the phone. Almost home. I'll video some of the break down. We'll 👀
Sorry

A video of the sound it making now in its current state....

If I had to guess, loose pinion.

Definately spur or pinion, take module out and inspect it.

Right on. I'll do that and report back tom. Thanks already!

I couldnt wait! Think it just knocked mesh out. Some wear on spur. I got another so I'll just change it. U think?
Just this on the teeth

Attachments

• 20210617_012900.jpg
    20210617_012900.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210617_013251.jpg
    20210617_013251.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Don't forget to loctite the grub screw that holds the pinion in. Trust me. I learned the hard way. Motor plate survived though and I didn't lose the screw!

Don't forget to loctite the grub screw that holds the pinion in. Trust me. I learned the hard way. Motor plate survived though and I didn't lose the screw!
Oh man i meant to. Will now. Ty
Oh man i meant to. Will now. Ty
And here is my new prob. Is this what ive seen titles of threads.....my wheel came off.....or lost wheel why??

Attachments

• 20210617_225818.jpg
    20210617_225818.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 39
Yep! That's exactly it. Gotta loctite those stub axles too.
Should I just go ahead and upgrade the driveshafts to the cvds?
Whatsbthe cvd mean? Sorry some of my newb is fighting back today? 😆

Whatsbthe cvd mean? Sorry some of my newb is fighting back today? 😆
The CVD axles are a lot stronger but if your drive shafts are OK and you're just running 3s then there us really no need to. At least not til you break a drive shaft. The CVDs are pretty expensive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back