Outcast Any tips for fitting plastic rod ends?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodster

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've got an second hand outcast 4s in need of some TLC. This week's wrenching session was a new servo and Dumbo RC Rx/tx which went easier than expected.

So I moved on to some pretty bent turnbuckles and rod ends. I can't get the new plastic rod ends to bite on to the new turnbuckles. Got one on but the rest are total failure and didn't want to mess up the holes in the new rod ends.

Are there any tips on how to get the bloody things to thread on? Tried heating the plastic in hot water to make them more pliable but nothing is working.

Thanks for any help, Dan.

Cheers gotnitro,
Well that's at least an hr I wasted messing with the bloody things, didn't even think about that FFS.

Cheers gotnitro,
Well that's at least an hr I wasted messing with the bloody things, didn't even think about that FFS.
(y)They make them like that so when you go to make adjustments, both sides would either go in or out with the twist of the turnbuckle. If they were both threaded on the "right" way, one side would go in and the other side would go out essentially making/keeping it the same length.

Makes total sense now I think about it, just wasn't using any intelligence but just brute force when the bloody things wouldn't thread.

Now you've got your lefty-tight sorted, I like the assembly tip from Team Associated to put a light dab of oil on the threads when twisting on a new rod end. Makes the job a little easier on the fingertips.

Thanks again, will definitely do that when I next have a go. Finger tips are a little sore right now!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back