Any videos on the 2wd differential?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I am looking for how to fill up the differential and take out... please halp... lol

Justatree is a scaredy cat :oops:

Don't be scared. Get in there!

The manual has exploded views and shows you how much oil to put in. If you want to watch something first, just about any RC differential video will help, even if it's not Arrma specific... once you are inside they are similar enough.

Don't be scared. Get in there!

The manual has exploded views and shows you how much oil to put in. If you want to watch something first, just about any RC differential video will help, even if it's not Arrma specific... once you are inside they are similar enough.
I'm liking those positive vibes and the motivation Walter, can I put 30wt shock oil as a temporary? Probably will buy diff oil soon lol.. 30wt is super light, but do you think it'll do the job lol

You would be better off waiting until you have the proper diff oil, the existing 'oil' will do for now.
the thing is haha, running on the stock grease, which is probably all gone by now lol... yep :oops:

the thing is haha, running on the stock grease, which is probably all gone by now lol... yep :oops:
It's like swimming in a cold lake, jump in and get it over with.
There's a guy, @Steve , heard he uses shock oil in his diffs...
Don't tell the RC police...

It's like swimming in a cold lake, jump in and get it over with.
There's a guy, @Steve , heard he uses shock oil in his diffs...
Don't tell the RC police...
I am just unsure about the 30wt if it even does anything... would it be like "something is better than nothing"

WOAH YOU CAN TAG YOURSELF @justatree @justatree

I am just unsure about the 30wt if it even does anything... would it be like "something is better than nothing"

WOAH YOU CAN TAG YOURSELF @justatree @justatree

You learn something every day!
You have a video cam, don't you?
Video the process as you disassemble, plus study the instructions BEFORE you start.
On the diff itself, all screws are same length, except one, I believe.
That one is the one to mark.
If you disassemble/reassemble in one sitting, it's easier to remember.
Plan a good hour, maybe more.
I like to have good music playing when I have a long tear-down.

Hi

If you check the sticky's in this part of the forum you will find what you are looking for.

It allot easier than the instruction make it seem...... I bough my BLX granite with a bad diff and was only the second rc I ever owned they first being my sons granite and that was the first major thing I ever did..... Wasn't bad at all I agree with @Steve try do it the tear down and rebuild in on sitting it really helps!

I'll be taking mine apart in the near future, they are usually not very difficult. Between the exploded diagram and what you see/learn taking it apart it becomes much easier to put back.

30wt oil will leak out over time, but it will provide lubrication. In the past I used to pack with grease to lock the diff up more but the grease packs and slings too much and after a few runs its not very stiff anymore.

I think it's better to use thick diff oil instead of grease, it provides more consistency. I bought 100K, 500K, and 1M cSt diff oil online (team associated) for about $9 each, to use in my Typhon. Im planning to rebuild the Fury diff and use 500K in it.

I'll be taking mine apart in the near future, they are usually not very difficult. Between the exploded diagram and what you see/learn taking it apart it becomes much easier to put back.

30wt oil will leak out over time, but it will provide lubrication. In the past I used to pack with grease to lock the diff up more but the grease packs and slings too much and after a few runs its not very stiff anymore.

I think it's better to use thick diff oil instead of grease, it provides more consistency. I bought 100K, 500K, and 1M cSt diff oil online (team associated) for about $9 each, to use in my Typhon. Im planning to rebuild the Fury diff and use 500K in it.
I ordered some 100k diff oil and plan on refilling that
what vehicle has the most similar differential to these cars? now taking apart is easy the new thing is oil refill

I watched one guy do a kyosho or something... hmmm

For a simple diff I take it apart on a few paper towels. Once in pieces I dry off any remaining oil/grease using a clean microfiber rag/towel. I then usually wash the metal parts down on a clean piece of cardboard using electrical contact cleaner spray or Nitro motor cleaner (outdoors) then wipe everything again with another clean rag/towel.

Then during assembly, once I have the planetary gear installed inside the diff housing, I pour (or squeeze in) enough diff oil to cover that gear to its top. Then install the spiders and/or any remaining gears, and usually the oil is pushed further up (about 3/4ths the way to top) if not I add a touch more, then install the planetary in the other side and a new gasket and close up the diff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back