any way to make this work?--motor fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MysteriousPooper

11B baby
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Notorious
  3. Voltage
Thought plugs matched another rookie mistake. anyway to make these work? old plug on left new plug on right. going on big rock v3 stock motor

20210402_162601.jpg

Is there a longer lead on the fan wires ¿ Looks like those plug terminals might match. Paying attention to placement, with small screwdriver or razor blade you could lift the little plastic terminal retainers and slide the old wires out and place the new ones in their place.

Is there a longer lead on the fan wires ¿ Looks like those plug terminals might match. Paying attention to placement, with small screwdriver or razor blade touch could lift the little plastic terminal retainers and slide the old wires out and place the new ones in their place.
Wondered if that was an option
I think it’ll fit. Just align negative and negative.
So the 2 plug will fit into the 3? Judt have to make sure -- and ++ correct?

Are you sure the placement and polarity was the same ¿ Are the terminals pressed all the way in, you should hear a click. if so what about the fan voltage, and did the old fan work when you pulled it out ¿ Could you tell which wire was positive on the fan ¿

Are you sure the placement and polarity was the same ¿ Are the terminals pressed all the way in, you should hear a click. if so what about the fan voltage, and did the old fan work when you pulled it out ¿
It worked but in the pic you can see the wire broke loose. The polarity is aligned right according to +- pic on Amazon of new fan. It didn't click I will try pushing it in more. Can this fan be plugged directly into the receiver or does it need this extension?

You should be able to plug it straight in.
By straight in, I hope you mean just the fan with the 2 wire terminal and not just the wires themselves.

Last edited:
Dam just plugged directly into receiver in all channels matching polarity and got no fan power. Defective fan or other options?

Have you bench tested the fan yet to make sure it works ¿
Do the servo and esc work when plugged in ¿

Have you bench tested the fan yet to make sure it works ¿
Do the servo and esc work when plugged in ¿
Not other than trying to plug into receiver and the 3 prong cable. Any way i could get it power aside from that?

Do you have a 12volt power supply ¿ usually you can dial the voltage down to the nominal voltage the fan is looking for and test it that way. Hopefully the receiver didn't short when the fan wire broke ¡

Do you have a 12volt power supply ¿ usually you can dial the voltage down to the nominal voltage the fan is looking for and test it that way. Hopefully the receiver didn't short when the fan wire broke ¡
No I don't think I have anything like that

If you have something around 7.4 - 8.4 volts, I believe that is nominal. Are the servo and esc working ¿

I would bench test the fan somehow. Kinda crude but if you have an old usb lead that your not using you could cut it at the end of it. There will be a red and a black wire for positive and negative. Strip them back and that should give you 5volts when plugged in, might be enough to power it to see if it works. Paying attention again to polarity and not cross contacting. A volt meter would be handy as well.

I would bench test the fan somehow. Kinda crude but if you have an old usb lead that your not using tou could cut it at the end of it. There will be a red and a black wire for positive and negative. Strip them back and that should give you 5volts when plugged in, might be enough to power it to see if it works. Paying attention again to polarity and not cross contacting.
Okay I'll try it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back