any way to make this work?--motor fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could also make sure the receiver is giving power with a volt meter.

Everyone that deals with anything electric should own a multimeter. It is an invaluable tool. Since you don't have that, remove the pins from the plug of the fan as was discussed before and touch each plug end to an alkaline battery. If you want to leave the wires in the plug you you can stick a couple of paper clips in there. Just start with a small battery like a 9v or a AA. Don't do this with your lipo....or any other high discharge battery because if you short it the results won't be good 💥

Everyone that deals with anything electric should own a multimeter. It is an invaluable tool. Since you don't have that, remove the pins from the plug of the fan as was discussed before and touch each plug end to an alkaline battery. If you want to leave the wires in the plug you you can stick a couple of paper clips in there. Just start with a small battery like a 9v or a AA. Don't do this with your lipo....or any other high discharge battery because if you short it the results won't be good 💥
Tried the paperclip on a double a and 9v no response.. if I put on reverse polarity it makes a whistling noise but that's it lol

dam brothers. ordered the same fan replacement and it didnt work again. i soldered the stock fan where the wire tore and plugged it in and it worked fine. chances of me getting 2 bad fans in a row? or is there another possibility here?

Wondering if there is a possible voltage difference ¿ Like that's a 12volt or a 24volt fan ¿ All that said, although unlikely it is possible to get 2 bad eggs so to speak.
With a storage charged battery (3.8v per cell) looks like just over 6volts to the fan.

Attachments

• 20210405_143629.jpg
    20210405_143629.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
You are trying to plug this fan into the receiver right? Can you take a pic where you have it plugged in?
yes receiver. will grab pic in a few.
Wondering if there is a possible voltage difference ¿ Like that's a 12volt or a 24volt fan ¿ All that said, although unlikely it is possible to get 2 bad eggs so to speak.
With a storage charged battery (3.8v per cell) looks like just over 6volts to the fan.
it says on amazon its 5-9v fan.

I just noticed on item description it shows "

Note: Please insert the positive and negative poles, otherwise it will not work."

what does this mean? the wires are not inserted fully or? seems like theyre in. did the paper clip thing again to a aa and no response. Still waiting for reader to come in mail

They might be talking about it not being a grounded fan so + and - wires need to be used possibly. Give it another try, make sure positive and negative are correct and also make sure that you are making contact with the terminals. Also assuming there is no coating on the paper clips.

You are trying to plug this fan into the receiver right? Can you take a pic where you have it plugged in?
The first picture is how stock fan is in channel 3. Second picture is new fan in same channel. I aligned the arrow port(positive according to Amazon pic) with middle and put the negative to outside. No response when turned on.
P.s. I was running it and didn't dust it out yet lol don't judge me
20210405_203231.jpg

20210405_203336.jpg

No judgment here, although It does appear that you are using it and that's good 👍 You still have had no luck getting the new fan to spin without the receiver ¿ Just wondering 🤔 did you try turning the connector around to see If that makes a difference ¿

No judgment here, although It does appear that you are using it and that's good 👍 You still have had no luck getting the new fan to spin without the receiver ¿ Just wondering 🤔 did you try turning the connector around to see If that makes a difference ¿
no luck getting the fan spin at all. ive only tried a double aa though.9v seems to have disappeared
i have tried flipping it around in the receiver and no response.
i looked at other fans they all seem to have the same connector. not sure why im having an issue lol. i did solder and get the stock fan to work for a few minutes before it broke again but it seems like swapping out a fan should be simple LOL

Personally, I don't think a AA will power it. Maybe if you stick like 4 of them together they might. It sure sounds like the new fan but can't be sure unless it is bench tested. At least you know it is not the receiver judging on how the factory one works. Cant rule out if the fan is bad or not though without testing it.

okay. any other batteries that may work? im sure i have some c and d batteries. can probably scrounge up another 9volt if that will work.
okay. any other batteries that may work? im sure i have some c and d batteries. can probably scrounge up another 9volt if that will work.
Okay..... I pushed the wires in the plug a little bit and it seems to have connected better. Getting power. Also with reverse polarity or marked wrong lol. Saw one of the wires pop out a little more when I pushed them. Dang about time.

Last edited:
I would definitely do the 9volt over the 1.5volt batteries. Hard to move on to another remedy not knowing if the new fan works or not.
If you use paper clips, make sure they are making contact. I used safety pins as they are typically thinner and pointed so they wedge in the terminal better.
Progress ¡!¡!

Okay..... I pushed the wires in the plug a little bit and it seems to have connected better. Getting power. Also with reverse polarity or marked wrong lol. Saw one of the wires pop out a little more when I pushed them. Dang about time.
As I stated before, you should hear a click when the terminal is inserted. If you don't, you can take the terminals back out and gently press some downward pressure on those little plastic tabs that hold the terminals secure, so that they are inward a bit more. Sometimes when taking them out they can stick up a bit causing the terminals to pop out.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back