Any word on the Traxxas v. Hobbico (Arrma RC) lawsuit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem is Traxxas didn't invent that shock design. That shock has been on RC cars from the very early 80's maybe even the late 70's. they just put a patent on a design that someone else created. If they invented it i could understand but they didn't .

This, it's not like Traxxas reinvented the wheel or anything. They took a very common and shared suspension design and placed a patent on it.

This, it's not like Traxxas reinvented the wheel or anything. They took a very common and shared suspension design and placed a patent on it.
A lot of people who don't know think traxxas invented that type of shock they didn't. If that was the case i would totally understand. They did the same thing with a throttle linkage for nitro cars. How this is allowed to put patents on things that where around way before is nuts. What about all the things they copied? I'm glad their was already a patent on plastic & wheels. Traxxas does have some nice stuff but this turned me off from them.

The only Arrma product that got affected by the lawsuit was the Nero. Who knows what's going to happen to that line maybe they will have to revamp it? I honestly don't see Arrma going away with all the hobbico problems. It seems like Arrma is growing in popularity. You will be impressed with the built quality and what you get for the money.

Just my 2 cents :);)

This is the latest in the Traxxas/Hobbico Lawsuit.. Enjoy..
Hobbico1.png
Hobbico2.png

No it just basically means that Hobbico gets a 30 day break from the trail, and after the 30 days Traxxas can either set a motion to lift the stay on the lawsuit or dismiss the lawsuit, I highly doubt they will do the later.

I know a hobby shop that will get you a Kraton for less than Tower, and he has them in stock. Talk to William Pettus on the Arrma Rc Army Facebook group before you place your order he will cut you a deal he's a pretty cool guy. http://www.billsrchobbyshop.com/arrma

Last edited:
I know a hobby shop that will get you a Kraton for less than Tower, and he has them in stock. Talk to William Petus(I think that's his name let me double check) on the Arrma Rc Army Facebook group before you place your order he will cut you a deal he's a pretty cool guy. http://www.billsrchobbyshop.com/arrma

thanks, just submitted to join the group.. waiting for my request to be accepted so I can talk to him..

thank you

I know a hobby shop that will get you a Kraton for less than Tower, and he has them in stock. Talk to William Pettus on the Arrma Rc Army Facebook group before you place your order he will cut you a deal he's a pretty cool guy. http://www.billsrchobbyshop.com/arrma
just spoke with William, no kraton's in stock =(
mannnn, didn't know it was this hard to find one lol

thanks, just submitted to join the group.. waiting for my request to be accepted so I can talk to him..

thank you

just spoke with William, no kraton's in stock =(
mannnn, didn't know it was this hard to find one lol
Oh wow he usually has some. That sucks.

I am in that group, I was gonna post his info, but over on ABST he was saying all he has is Outcast, till mid-Feb. :(

Hope these are not the last of the Arrma's. :(

I am in that group, I was gonna post his info, but over on ABST he was saying all he has is Outcast, till mid-Feb. :(

Hope these are not the last of the Arrma's. :(

yeah that's what he told me, he only had outcast..
I found a version 2 kraton just now in my local hobby shop... but they want $500 for it grrrr!!
same price as version 3 smh

Yeah, my LHS has a V2 Kraton and V1 Outcast. The Kraton is marked down, from $799 to $499... LOL

But really, IMHO grab the V2 if you really want a Kraton. It is solid. Bash now, get the V3 stuff later. You never know if /when the V3 will come back in stock. Bill is a Drop-shipper. So if he is "out" that means the warehouse is out. Which means we are waiting on Hobbico to figure out how to ship truck with no money in the bank and a 6-figure debt with UPS. That might be a while.

Yeah, my LHS has a V2 Kraton and V1 Outcast. The Kraton is marked down, from $799 to $499... LOL

But really, IMHO grab the V2 if you really want a Kraton. It is solid. Bash now, get the V3 stuff later. You never know if /when the V3 will come back in stock. Bill is a Drop-shipper. So if he is "out" that means the warehouse is out. Which means we are waiting on Hobbico to figure out how to ship truck with no money in the bank and a 6-figure debt with UPS. That might be a while.

damn! lol...

im officially a new arrma kraton owner!!.. finally found 1!!!... nowwwww, I have to save up for the batteries and charger lmao!!.. but im at peace now lol

I hope the actual desginer of that shock shows up in court and proves it infront of the judge ‍⚖️ so that tracxas can just sit there and do nothing , so that everyone who loves traxxas can buy there product and vise versa with arrma man they are crying over a dam shock design its so dumb , all that just beacuse traxxas knows that arrma made the nero look way better than any of there rc cars

here is what i do know, traxxas sued hobbico in regards to patent infringement regarding the inboard suspension on the nero and it being similar to traxxas, well here is the thing ( and i have sent the information to hobbico).

the inboard suspension patent is NOT a traxxas patent. the original inboard suspension design was used by tamiya in the F201 chassis that was released in 2003 traxxas released the revo after the f2001 so i don't see why hobbico don't fight traxxas on this it is a lame tactic on the part of traxxas.

i personally ( assuming i had the money) buy ANY rc over traxxas junk. traxxas hasnt made a high quality rc since the early 90's with the SRT, now it is just a bunch of beginner rtr junk. the ONLY thing that keeps traxxas around is the flood of advertising and hobby shops not stocking anything but traxxas parts ( probably because they have to with as poor as the traxxas products are. hell i can go into any hobbyshop and look at the parts walls and i can almos guaruntee the shop has enough parts alone to build 8 of each of the most current traxxas vehicles, but you go needing parts for losi, associated or tamiya and you are sure to be SOL.

yuo guys might also find it amusing to know i went into one hobbyshop ONCE and the owner said i needed to get rid of associated and buy a traxxas, like i said i visited that shop only once and as soon as the owner said that to me i walked out the door without saying a word, i am not going to let some hobbyshop say that to me that was just despicable. side note however from what i have been told he closed his doors after only 3 months i can only assume others felt the same way.

now i personally don't own an arrma i was hoping ot get a nero ( once i had saved the cash) however that looks liek it shall not happen now and the only other arrma i was interested in were the kraton and the tallion leaning torward the lower profile talion and sadly they are not available in unassembled kits ( and i will buy a crappy unassembled kit before i buy a rtr because i like to build my rc LOL). however the only one that really screamed you need this was the nero so looks like i wont be owning an arrma.

thanks traxxas for screwing up somethign else the way you screwed up rc with your RTR BS

Hi

In my opinion the real reason Traxxas sued Hobbico is the release of the Revo 2.0, the Nero would have bin too much competition for Traxxas to deal with. So they eliminated the U.S.competition in court. It is quite interesting how Nero is still being sold over sea.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back