Any word on the Traxxas v. Hobbico (Arrma RC) lawsuit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comiche

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Does anyone know what the outcome was in this lawsuit? I understand that this was settled out of court. The real question, when will the Arrma Nero and more importantly the Arrma Nero Big Rock come back into production / hit the market? I want one.

Does anyone know what the outcome was in this lawsuit? I understand that this was settled out of court. The real question, when will the Arrma Nero and more importantly the Arrma Nero Big Rock come back into production / hit the market? I want one.
I'm in the same boat as you. Traxxas is just going to hurt themselves.

There is probably a bunch ready to be sold sitting on a shelf. And also the perfect timing to be sold for the holidays. I hope they don't have to scrap it and start over that would be a shame.
I hope that's the case. I hope this can come back on the market. Hobbico's sales will go through the roof once this is put back on the market.

I hope that's the case. I hope this can come back on the market. Hobbico's sales will go through the roof once this is put back on the market.
Yep. I know i can find them on eBay but don't know what's going to happen with them? Plus i like using towers easy pay, so my wife don't yell lol. It don't look like your spending to much when a little at a time comes off instead of the full amount lol.

I hope arrma wins too. I used to be a Traxxas guy until a hobby shop owner convinced me to take a look at arrma. I have the Big Rock, I bought it November last year, it’s not perfect but it’s pretty tough and I do recommend it.

Tower now lists the Nero as "temporarily unavailable" instead of discontinued.

Can't you buy it at a store abroad? All vehicles of the nero platform are available here in europe.
I think the lawsuit is only an issue in the u.s. because the patents are only registered there.

Yes it has been confirmed that the lawsuit has only affected the US. They are everywhere in Australia too.

Maybe it's North America then? But Vas from Aussie Rc Playground showed a picture of one of the hobby stores down there and they had tons of Nero's and Fazon's.

The problem is Traxxas didn't invent that shock design. That shock has been on RC cars from the very early 80's maybe even the late 70's. they just put a patent on a design that someone else created. If they invented it i could understand but they didn't .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back