Typhon Any words on the Armor Werks servo mount for the 6S line?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I think a single piece is better. I have a voltage and a hr one and they work just fine
Yeah the HR and Voltage all have removable legs and screws to assemble. The one I linked above is a single piece of 6061 CNC aluminum block. Seems to be a no brainer but wasn’t sure why I’ve never seen it mentioned.

It's just another Chinese aluminum "upgrade" part.

That being said pretty much anything aluminum will be better than the stock one.

So it's not Chinese. It's one guy out of Arizona. Pretty cool guy I talked to on the phone.

I have the armor weeks aluminum servo mount on my notorious, no complaints. There is also a Hot Racing one but I chose the single piece rather than having the hot racing one with all the screws that could work their way out over time.

So it's not Chinese. It's one guy out of Arizona. Pretty cool guy I talked to on the phone.

I have the armor weeks aluminum servo mount on my notorious, no complaints. There is also a Hot Racing one but I chose the single piece rather than having the hot racing one with all the screws that could work their way out over time.
That was my thought too. One piece has got to be better. Just making sure there weren’t fitment issues or anything.

Sorry my Amazon was acting funny and the add on Amazon had a bunch of Chinese characters in it, so I assumed it was from China. I refreshed the page and now it's normal.
That was my thought too. One piece has got to be better. Just making sure there weren’t fitment issues or anything.
To be honest I doubt you will be able to tell the difference between any of the aluminum mounts once they are installed. Only benefit I see is like @wydowmaykur said there are less screws to worry about 4 instead of 8.

My same line of thinking. Technically I think the HR is stronger because it's CNC vs Molded Alum, but HR has more potential points of failure to my eye. Either way it's probably not that serious, but I've been happy with mine, no fitment issues.

Did you ask if he made any other stuff? All I see listed are the 2 servo mounts.

Did you ask if he made any other stuff? All I see listed are the 2 servo mounts.
As far as I can tell, he just has 3 products for sale on eBay but also sells body clips on his own site

9A02BD6E-DB68-404D-A0D8-6A6BF5908A27.png

I saw those on Amazon. Being in WA I almost ordered one, but instead went with a Voltage one that'll be here Thursday. I also thought they were some Chianeese crap, and didn't want to wait, and pay more for a GKA. As far as mounting the legs to the mount, any Voltage owners here use red loctite instead of blue? To make its it's a semi permanent 1 piece.

I saw those on Amazon. Being in WA I almost ordered one, but instead went with a Voltage one that'll be here Thursday. I also thought they were some Chianeese crap, and didn't want to wait, and pay more for a GKA. As far as mounting the legs to the mount, any Voltage owners here use red loctite instead of blue? To make its it's a semi permanent 1 piece.
Nope, I haven't had any issues with blue.

Yes I did ask. He doesn't make anything other than the servo mounts currently, as its just a side thing he does and started because he has a Noto. He's legitimately a one-man operation with a day job.

Looking for a servo mount for the Typhon 6S and found this one on Amazon.

Red Billet Aluminum Servo Mount for Arrma Kraton Talion Outcast Notorious Typhon

Wondering if the single CNC piece would be better than the HR or Voltage pieces? Any input here? Pricing is about the same.

I've been running for about 3 weeks now on my notorious and love it bought my notorious 3 weeks ago as well and day one I ordered this and hot racing front hub carriers after first run it made a huge difference and still only using stock servo saver and arm. Just make sure you set your endpoints it will make you servo screem if overturned

First arrma and I love it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back