Notorious Anybody ever go smaller on the motor pinion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerDubs

Military Veteran
Reaction score
So my truck came with a 12 installed, and a 16 speed gear that warns of overheating.

I bought a 14 to be a little safer.

That being said- I have an itch to buy a Typhon for a dedicated road speed buggy. If I do- I don't need to haul ass in the truck as much, so instead of just going back to the 12, has anyone tried an 11?

Wouldn't hurt anything. It'll just reduce the temps further. Also it'll make low end controllability a little bit better

I was talking about throttle control. It'll wheelie about the same lol. These aren't brushed motors, they don't really gain torque when you gear down. They just don't heat up as much. They basically always have the same amount of torque until you really gear way up there close to the 1:1 ratio, then you notice that the torque is reduced. Anything else and it just gets hotter.

Now that I'm running 6S, I'm trying 14T on my outcast, but have a 13T and 12T if heat becomes a problem. I was running a 15T with 4S and if I ran in grass too much on an 80F+ day, it would thermal on me. The 3.8 trenchers probably don't help. Hoping I can keep the 14T, time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back