Anybody know about matching esc with motor's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I bought a kraton roller and got a blx 185 for 50$ even. And I was shopping on ebay for a motor. I found a bl motor 4076 2000kv
And it came with 5 pinions. Good deal right! But then I was reading the fine print after ordering it and noticed it's only capable of 5s. 2800watts.can I safely run it on 6s

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190706-213154_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190706-213154_eBay.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20190706-213251_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190706-213251_eBay.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 44
Read the description. On a normal motor, 2000kv is totally fine for 6s use. That’s a cheap china motor. The only way to get a define answer is to read the description and go to the motors website to see if the rotor shaft is Kevlar wrapped. That helps against rotating G forces. If it’s not, I’d stick to 4s and below, because even then, 5s is pushing it. If it is Kevlar wrapped, you’re in good shape. Rcjuice offers a 4076 2000kv motor that’s not too much more $ and ships from the US. They’re good motors and Kevlar wrapped. If that eBay one isn’t, I’d go with the hobbystar.

Here im feeling good today so I’ll go through my motors and find what I’m talking about.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Here’s a Traxxas 2200kv motor that spend last year’s summer months in THIS:
image.jpg

15 pound beast of a machine. It was a solid motor until I ran it on 7 cell lipo with a hacked MXL6s/MM2.... here’s what happened:
image.jpg

On the left side, you can see the magnet cracked. This motor was actually overrevved to the point where the Kevlar wrapping gave away after a few runs, (on the left side see there’s no yellow) leaving the magnet to crack and actually break off! All of that white you see is superglue because I glued it back on and still use it in various projects as a shakedown run. On the right side, that yellow is what you’re looking for. Normally it’s covering the whole rotor.... lol..

Last edited:
Read the description. On a normal motor, 2000kv is totally fine for 6s use. That’s a cheap china motor. The only way to get a define answer is to read the description and go to the motors website to see if the rotor shaft is Kevlar wrapped. That helps against rotating G forces. If it’s not, I’d stick to 4s and below, because even then, 5s is pushing it. If it is Kevlar wrapped, you’re in good shape. Rcjuice offers a 4076 2000kv motor that’s not too much more $ and ships from the US. They’re good motors and Kevlar wrapped. If that eBay one isn’t, I’d go with the hobbystar.

Here im feeling good today so I’ll go through my motors and find what I’m talking about.
View attachment 42513View attachment 42512
Here’s a Traxxas 2200kv motor that spend last year’s summer months in THIS: View attachment 42514
15 pound beast of a machine. It was a solid motor until I ran it on 7 cell lipo with a hacked MXL6s/MM2.... here’s what happened:
View attachment 42515
On the left side, you can see the magnet cracked. This motor was actually overrevved to the point where the Kevlar wrapping gave away after a few runs, (on the left side see there’s no yellow) leaving the magnet to crack and actually break off! All of that white you see is superglue because I glued it back on and still use it in various projects as a shakedown run. On the right side, that yellow is what you’re looking for. Normally it’s covering the whole rotor.... lol..
Ok so pretty much I can run 6s as long as I watch my temps. And when I get the motor I'll pull the rotor out and check it. If it don't look like its wraped I'll order a racestar I've had good luck with them so far. The main reason why I bought this motor is I got 5 pinions with it. Thank for the tip

Ok so pretty much I can run 6s as long as I watch my temps. And when I get the motor I'll pull the rotor out and check it. If it don't look like its wraped I'll order a racestar I've had good luck with them so far. The main reason why I bought this motor is I got 5 pinions with it. Thank for the tip
Np. Yeah and good call, always check temps. Just realize that it’s not temps that’ll kill an overrevved motor, it’s rotors coming apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back