Anybody know what wheel/tire combo is available to upgrade the Mojave's V2 stock wheels.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yankeedoodle30

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
My Mojave *dBoots are stating to badly wear and I want to invest in some upgraded wheels/tires. Any suggestions about what will fit or would be a good match?

Thanks.
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 3.09.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 3.08.00 PM.png

I'm not seeing a lot of good options out there for tires that are within 5mm height and width, I have Badlands MX28 HP belted tires on my Truggified Typhon currently and they're about 10mm shorter in height overall and 10mm wider. The tread is excellent and performance has been really good. Im not totally sure they would be a good fit for the Mojave but so far its the closest I've found from a quality brand. My only gripe is that the belting is only rated for 75mph which the Typhon can do fairly easily out of the box with very minimal modification. I worry about damaging or breaking the belts, since my Typhon build is primarily used for big sends. The Mojave may have a bit more trouble reaching over 75mph on the ground but airborne those tires can get whipping around pretty fast quite easily. You might try calling around to your LHS's and asking them what they recommend.

I'm not seeing a lot of good options out there for tires that are within 5mm height and width, I have Badlands MX28 HP belted tires on my Truggified Typhon currently and they're about 10mm shorter in height overall and 10mm wider. The tread is excellent and performance has been really good. Im not totally sure they would be a good fit for the Mojave but so far its the closest I've found from a quality brand. My only gripe is that the belting is only rated for 75mph which the Typhon can do fairly easily out of the box with very minimal modification. I worry about damaging or breaking the belts, since my Typhon build is primarily used for big sends. The Mojave may have a bit more trouble reaching over 75mph on the ground but airborne those tires can get whipping around pretty fast quite easily. You might try calling around to your LHS's and asking them what they recommend.
Thanks, good wheel/tire knowledge - appreciate the input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back