Vermont Anybody out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 6s
  7. Typhon 6s
Southern VT off I-91. Looking for some great bash spots, speed run possible areas (that’s a hard one around here) and maybe some folks who would like to come out and play. Shocked (?) to be the first post here with a VT tag! Doesn’t initially give one much hope…

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Southern VT off I-91. Looking for some great bash spots, speed run possible areas (that’s a hard one around here) and maybe some folks who would like to come out and play. Shocked (?) to be the first post here with a VT tag! Doesn’t initially give one much hope…
I am nowhere near your neck of the woods good sir, all I have done is keep my eyes open for parks, old construction sites, athletic fields for public use, and so forth and I have come up with some really good spots anywhere from 5 minutes away from my front door to an hour's drive.

I know that doesn't help you at all and I hope somebody else can jump in there and give you some suggestions that is from your area, but that's what helped me a lot

I have been living in SVT for a few years now and there really isn't much around from what I've seen. I've found some open fields and that's about it. Brattleboro Living Memorial Park is decent with their new skate park but its so busy with skaters I don't bother going there.

I have been living in SVT for a few years now and there really isn't much around from what I've seen. I've found some open fields and that's about it. Brattleboro Living Memorial Park is decent with their new skate park but its so busy with skaters I don't bother going there.
Yeah, there ain’t much. E. Dummerston school has a great big soccer field, we sometimes go there. If you know of any potential speedrun roads let me know, and I’ll reciprocate if I ever find one. I hear Keene, NH airport is friendly to RC guys, or at least have been in the past, but I haven’t reached out yet.

Yeah, there ain’t much. E. Dummerston school has a great big soccer field, we sometimes go there. If you know of any potential speedrun roads let me know, and I’ll reciprocate if I ever find one. I hear Keene, NH airport is friendly to RC guys, or at least have been in the past, but I haven’t reached out yet.
Wait what? Keene airport? This could get interesting!

Wait what? Keene airport? This could get interesting!
Justin at Toy City in Keene said that he knows some speed run guys that have run at the airport. He said it was a year or two ago but he hasn’t heard anything since. He’s a dedicated track racer, not into speed running or even bashing really, so his ear isn’t exactly to the rail, so to speak. He did say that when he heard it the guy said that the controllers in the tower got a real hoot out of watching them run. I haven’t finished my builds yet, so I haven’t reached out. Hopefully soon.

I'd love to stay in the loop on this, I'm only really working on getting a Vendetta into triple digits at the moment but once I get over that hurdle I fully intend to start a 1/7th build up. I've always been more of a bash wherever I can find to run a rig kind of guy until recently starting to expand into practicing on tracks and doing some speed runs.

Me too, always just ran wherever I could find. I haven’t found any viable options for speed running yet. I’ll definitely keep you posted.

Then again where we are isn't exactly the easiest to find flat smooth roads

You got that right! I found one spot on Route 5 near Putney, but it’s too busy with traffic, even in the middle of the night.

You got that right! I found one spot on Route 5 near Putney, but it’s too busy with traffic, even in the middle of the night.

From what I see on Google maps and street views, it looks like Route 30 in Dummerston might be a good candidate depending on grade

Yeah, but again it’s a very highly trafficked road. Also, Windham County Sheriffs Dept. and State Police out there. I suspect they would frown on that sort of activity on a state highway.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back