Granite Anybody run heatsinks/fans on a 4x4 Mega?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scv484

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. 4x4-Mega
Just curious if anybody run heatsinks/fans on a 4x4 Mega? I seem to hit thermal cutoff before the battery runs out.

Options or links would be fantastic if so :)

ShareGoo Alloy heat sink Heatsink... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XQ85HM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I ran this one for a while. Nothing impressive, but seemed to help. I also rigged up a second fan for the esc which was equally as problematic. I think that stuff made it 3 or 4 weeks before I got fed up and bought a brushless setup for it.

The brushed motors just run hot. I quickly upgraded to brushless on my Megas.

The stock brushless motor will not last long if you are running under a load, I.E. Grass or snow. Mine did not last more than a couple weeks before it went out. HH did send me a replacement under warranty which I never used.. If I was you I would go on to fleebay and look up Jenny's RCSports, they have the BLX100 ESC and Motors for under $80.00.

The stock brushless motor will not last long if you are running under a load, I.E. Grass or snow. Mine did not last more than a couple weeks before it went out. HH did send me a replacement under warranty which I never used.. If I was you I would go on to fleebay and look up Jenny's RCSports, they have the BLX100 ESC and Motors for under $80.00.

And get the motor mount, slipper assembly, and front/rear diffs.

I have a friend with a Senton Mega, and i want to convert his struck to brushless.

What do you say about upgrading to this Racestar motor (3900kv) and their 60A ESC?
My gearing app says that (on 2s) it will raise top speed from 19 to 26mph. adding a larger pinion will raise it to 37mph.

Is it gentle enough upgrade for the drivetrain?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back