Vorteks Anybody seen this before?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mit Snori

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Would the metal slipper sleeve (4S) help prevent this happening again?

*Part has already been replaced by my super helpful supplier in the UK.
E3BB4BE9-FC3E-4854-A82F-6E33EEDC0BAC.jpeg

Common problem band aid fix is to put an old bearing race on the end.
Oktay also makes an upgraded one. I can't remember the name of the US distributor though it's something like Demarco motorsports iirc.

Would the metal slipper sleeve (4S) help prevent this happening again?

*Part has already been replaced by my super helpful supplier in the UK. View attachment 249803
I imagine steel/ CNC'ed alloy is best.
Pot metal casting will always break like this above.
A sleeve can work as a band-aid fix.

I’m all ears…
I have cracked and chipped old slipper hubs still working with a simple bearing sleeve over the rear hub. I just Dremel and pop out the inner race from an old crunchy bearing and slide it over the end. Have it on all 5 of my 3s cars for the last year and no broken rear hubs since.

I got one of the Arrma sleeves and don’t like it. Too wide and feels lighter. To my teeth the metal feels softer then a bearing race, which I know is super strong.

Last edited:
Arrma now makes a band that helps with that issue: I have one on backorder at Amain Hobbies.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-3s-4s-blx-mega-metal-slipper-hub-sleeve-ara311157/p1426922
“Would the metal slipper sleeve (4S) help prevent this happening again?”

Yes. That’s what I’m asking - the 4s Kraton has it as standard - the 3S models don’t. I think an earlier response says they feel
weak though. But to be fair they are about £4 so no big deal if it doesn’t work. Obviously must do something however - as they are on the 4S.

A salvaged BB inner race of the proper I.D. is super hard and strong.
Will never break.(y)

Last edited:
A salvaged BB outer race of the proper I.D. is super hard and strong.
Will never break.(y)
Yeah that sleeve that they’re selling, it feels too light and when I was tapping it to my teeth it feels like pot metal or alloy, so no clue what it is. I know that the inner bearing races are tougher than hell.
At least Arrma is trying 😂

The OE 4s sleeve is probably alu. Probably, basically similar, being a large type Crush Sleeve like those used on the Safe-D 6s Arrma motor shafts.
But hey if it works, its an option, if easier than sourcing a BB race???:unsure:

Last edited:
The OE 4s sleeve is probably alu. Probably, basically similar being a large large type Crush Sleeve like those used on the Safe-D 6s Arrma motor shafts.
But hey if it works, its an option, if easier than sourcing a BB race???:unsure:
Back order till feb 23’ in the UK. Seems a popular part despite being obscure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back