Anybody tried the Traxxas toolkit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all!
I need some tools for my Granite, as the the tools that comes with the car are rubbish. I can't find a proper Arrma toolkit either. Luckily Traxxas might have what I need. Anybody tried these? Will they do the trick for my Arrma, quality wise? Does it contain the correct sizes?
https://traxxas.com/products/parts/3415
The tips are good in my experience, but the ratcheting handle tool they include is garbage. Mine broken after a few hard torques. Now I just chuck up those bits into a drill motor and use them that way.

After using some of the cheaper tools out there and having them fail I bit the bullet and bought a set of MIP tools. haven't looked back. The initial investment is high but you get tools that are going to last.

Thx! Might use the traxxas as a bit set, and buy a ratcheting thingy some other place.

Hi all!
I need some tools for my Granite, as the the tools that comes with the car are rubbish. I can't find a proper Arrma toolkit either. Luckily Traxxas might have what I need. Anybody tried these? Will they do the trick for my Arrma, quality wise? Does it contain the correct sizes?
I also have the set and it is handy to take with you when you are going to bash and that you have to fix something quickly 👍 but at home I use really good screwdrivers to tighten everything 😉
Because you keep messing around when you need 2mm and then again 2.5mm.
plus good tools is half the battle and this is just a cheap set

I had one, the ratchet handle is very weak and can't break loose thread locked screws(although that one has a different handle than mine did) the 1.5 and 2.0 tips wear down rather fast but I got nearly 4 years of use out of the nut drivers before they started to strip. Plus the case is pretty nice.

-Edit- Sorry mine was this one, but those kits are all made by the same company and just rebranded by everyone else https://www.rcplanet.com/tools/tool...Upld8qB1y5jGHj50To7jbs1ES03lNbwBoC9rIQAvD_BwE

Hi all!

The tips are good in my experience, but the ratcheting handle tool they include is garbage. Mine broken after a few hard torques. Now I just chuck up those bits into a drill motor and use them that way.
I bought one back in the day before I heard about MIP and the Dynamite I use now. My ratcheting driver still works, and I use it with the philips head all the time. It also makes a great nutdriver for the wheels on my Granite. The 2mm and 2.5mm tips are in bad shape, but I'll still use them in a pinch for a hard to get to screw that I know won't be to wedged into the plastic.

9-in-1 Square Drive Multi-Bit Screwdriver ( not the ratchet one)​

by Milwaukee. It accepts quarter inch bits great. It comes with bits already but you alternate them for weight distribution ( if you like heavy or light handles) This is the only handle I found that has worked for me. Plus , I have big hands and it feels comfortable. Yes they are not the "hobby" kind but its the same thing.

Looks like this?
1611074054647.png

I don't know anything about the traxxas stuff. I use the handle with other quarter inch speed bits. What size are the traxxas bits?

I don't know anything about the traxxas stuff. I use the handle with other quarter inch speed bits. What size are the traxxas bits?
I cannot remember to be honest.

I also use it for hex drivers that have the quarter inch. Yes its easy to get a whole kit but honestly its not difficult to get tools for the cars/trucks , planes etc..Plus finding tools that fit your hands are important.

Thanks for all the replies! Seems like arrma should make a proper, high quality tool kit. I’d buy it! :)
I ended up with some mixed stuff. I bought a high quality wrench (?) for the wheel nuts at my LHS, and a tool kit actually made for phones and computers. Quality stuff. Combined with other tools I have in my house I now have everything I need, I think.
39B2FED0-C034-4943-BFC4-D137D93BEF85.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back