Limitless Anyone buy the limitless just to bash around the neighborhood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birdracer99

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Title.

I have been on and off thinking about buying a limitless, but i don't really think i'll be too into just doing speed runs.

I know the infraction is better suited for that, but 1) i like the look of limitless better (though infraction is growing on me). 2) i already have enough spare parts to go from roller to complete build without buying any electronics, which makes it a lot cheaper than the infraction.

On YouTube it seems like JayTee bashes with it and likes it but every other one is just speed runs. I'm just worried if i buy it that it's just not gonna get much use.

I don't see why not. If I was going to get the Limitless I would get a center diff from the Infraction and swap between the locker and diff to find out what works best for me. I like the look of the Limitless over the Infraction too, which is weird because I love old trucks, but I don't care for the color they went with so I would have to buy a clear body too.

Yep just toss a 46T or 50T center diff in place of the spool and bash on. Probably want to drop down on pinion around an 18T. Watch temps close until you get a grip on it.

I did

I put a center diff in with a 46T spur gear, 20T pinon that came with my Mojave and cooling fans. Thursday, I ordered two MMX8s to replace the BLXs in my Limitless and Mojave.

I've got a max 6 in mine and dropped in the limitless spool and I've been bashing my Infraction around. Even jumped it. Gonna keep the limitless for speed runs.

i did i love it it 18 tooth with a 50 tooth diff equals fun

Title.

I have been on and off thinking about buying a limitless, but i don't really think i'll be too into just doing speed runs.

I know the infraction is better suited for that, but 1) i like the look of limitless better (though infraction is growing on me). 2) i already have enough spare parts to go from roller to complete build without buying any electronics, which makes it a lot cheaper than the infraction.

On YouTube it seems like JayTee bashes with it and likes it but every other one is just speed runs. I'm just worried if i buy it that it's just not gonna get much use.
It would be fun to have one for bashing, they are awesome cars,and you could definitely build it for that. I built mine for speed because I have never done it up until 5 months ago, first with my typhon then the limitless. But you will definitely be happy if you get one.

Just picked up a used limitless for a great price locally and I'm running 20/50 and it's great little street basher... something about the limitless 'look' Im fond of over my previous infraction. I'm just mindful of 3-4 passes up and down my block and i let it rest... running through standard BLX185 motor and esc from an Infraction.

Ive seen quite a few on the Tube parking lot bashing.

I'm kind of "bashing" mine on 8s, running the MMX8s ESC and the Hobbywing 1100kv motor. 42t pinion and 46t spur with added cooling on motor and upgraded fan on the ESC, all running off a separate 2s LiPo. I really like it as it has brutal acceleration and still enough topspeed for the area I can run it in. Stock hoons (even brand new) tend to pop fairly easily though :geek:
20200611_120140.jpg

No heat issues so far, but I could see it run a little hot if you constantly go heavy on the throttle for a full pack+.

I'm kind of "bashing" mine on 8s, running the MMX8s ESC and the Hobbywing 1100kv motor. 42t pinion and 46t spur with added cooling on motor and upgraded fan on the ESC, all running off a separate 2s LiPo. I really like it as it has brutal acceleration and still enough topspeed for the area I can run it in. Stock hoons (even brand new) tend to pop fairly easily though :geek:
View attachment 85169
No heat issues so far, but I could see it run a little hot if you constantly go heavy on the throttle for a full pack+.

How are you all taking temps for the Limitless?

What do you mean, with what to take temps or where to take them.
Both!

I put a Futaba temp sensor on my Castle 1515 2200kv - it's near the motor wires because of my fan shroud. I have it set for 140F but have the car stopped by the time it gets to 180F. What's a safe temperature to run up to?

Sorry OP, thread hijacking.

Both!

I put a Futaba temp sensor on my Castle 1515 2200kv - it's near the motor wires because of my fan shroud. I have it set for 140F but have the car stopped by the time it gets to 180F. What's a safe temperature to run up to?

Sorry OP, thread hijacking.
I use a regular temp gun, check motor, esc, and sometimes lipo temp. I don't go past 180°, if its in that neighborhood I stop and let it cool.

A friend of mine bought a Limitless for bashing around in parking lots, donuts, drifting and the like. He tossed in a Dynamite 1/5 motor on running on 8s and melts tires with it, good fun

I did too, after the supply for the infraction just kept getting pushed back and my LHS had a limitless in stock. With a HW motor and ESC combo, 22T pinion and 50T center diff it’s a lot of fun. Haven’t checked the top speed yet, but it does get a hot on 6S after 10-15. Waiting on a motor heatsink and fan to get here to see if that helps. The stock fan on the ESC keeps temps to around 135. By far my favorite car!

me and my broither also have limitless's for bashing, chuck in a center diff and away to go.

I prefer the looks of the infraction but couldnt justify the price when i already had the electronics.

im running the max8 2200kv combo and my brother has the blx185 2050kv combo.

Yes! That is the only reason I bought my Limitless. Parking lot pimpin' as soon as i accomplish my goals with my Typhon or destroy it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back