Kraton Anyone change radio & receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skinso

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 6s
As title says has any of you guys changed you radio & receiver for the kraton? I've a dx4c which is great but don't think the receiver will fit in the box, so anyone with a dx4c what receivers are compatible and small enough to fit in the box?

My radio is a TS4G - the RX is small, but kind of tall. I removed the top of the radio box, and used 3m "duel lock" Velcro to secure the RX in the bottom half of the RX box. Ran it like that for a few months, but every now and again the Velcro would come loose in a nasty crash, so I added a 'safety strap' diagonal across the box, secured with two of the original screws. Now removing one screw lets me remove my RX. Not waterproof / dust proof, but so far no issues.

Most, if not all, current Spektrum receivers are waterproof or water resistant. Ditch the box entirely! I run the sr4210, which is labeled as water resistant, with no box and it has gone under and been splashed plenty of times with no issues. You will need to figure out an antenna tube mount but that is simple enough. I can post pics of how I did it if you need ideas.

Most, if not all, current Spektrum receivers are waterproof or water resistant. Ditch the box entirely! I run the sr4210, which is labeled as water resistant, with no box and it has gone under and been splashed plenty of times with no issues. You will need to figure out an antenna tube mount but that is simple enough. I can post pics of how I did it if you need ideas.
I have spectrum on my XO1 what do I need to buy to use it on my Kraton, ...thanks

I've an sr3100 recover that's not gonna fit, I've just ordered an orange receiver I'll see how it plays out with that

I'm using Traxxas Bluetooth radio system with TSM. It could squeeze into the stock box on its side, but that defeats the TSM function. I bought a waterproof Traxxas box and velcro to the chassis in place of the stock box.

Have this for Kraton.

IMG_0026.JPG

That's the exact receiver I have in the kraton and it works just fine and fits just fine

Futaba 4PV and R314SB-E working great for me. The transmitter is very comfortable, looks great and is easy to navigate, I really like the built in antenna, size and price of this receiver as well. Paid $270.00 for the combo so pretty good value IMO.

Futaba 4PV and R314SB-E working great for me. The transmitter is very comfortable, looks great and is easy to navigate, I really like the built in antenna, size and price of this receiver as well. Paid $270.00 for the combo so pretty good value IMO.
What kind of range are you getting with that futaba receiver? The specs say 70m under ideal conditions but I've never knew anyone that had it to verify. Thinking about picking one up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back