Anyone changed the gearing on Arrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I got it..Lol. thanks though.

I really don't feel like tearing this thing down, I barely use it anyways. Lol

Now it is time to order a 32p set of gears ;)
For the spur, go for the Arrma version.
If the Arrma pinions are not available, I have used Traxxas motor pinions with succes.

Please let me know if you need order numbers!

So i went 3s tonight!
Ohhh man. There is no "slow" when your on 3s...i tried! But found myself across the street at an empty lot going 40ish and driving on the empty street no heat issues for about 15 min...

Anyway i screwed somthing up#%@!?

In about 30 seconds. i heard a sharp high pitched grinding noise, from what i thought first was the spur(spur was fun also the pinion), followed by what was clanging and cranking sound, from what i thought was the transmission, accompanied by powerloss coming from what i think was the differiental..... so yeah

No school tomorrow, lol

So anyway i checked it later and it seems as if its still will work but is just a lot louder.... im going to put some new axels in it and see it thats my issue.(hopefully)
It still doesn't seem to explain the terrible sounds i was hearing tho?

Anyone happen to have this experience

Not sure which granite you have. I have a 2013 blx and I had to rebuild my diff pretty soon after I got it :/ supposedly the new ones are better though. I fixed mine with current parts and no troubles so far :) 3s is complete madness btw lol I clocked mine at 86 km on stock gearing! I had to weight the front in order to keep it from catching wind and flipping at 70kms plus. Believe me when I say it's violent crashing at 60 plus kms on pavement lol you just kinda cringe and hope for the best!

Just happened to look at it one last time and somthing is clanking inside the gearbox when i spin the wheels and the tires get stuck about 1 time every 2 or 3 rotations....

If i do upgrade my gearbox i wanna make sure it can handel 3s well.

Kinda on the fence of either sending it to arrma again or asking if they have a transmission matience kit they can send me. Any opinions on wether or not to send it in or do it myself?

I think I may have a similar issue to this now. Was cleaning it last night after some park bashing, and noticed it got stuck. Didn't want to force it too much, but when I spin the wheels I also hear louder noises than what I'm used to. Guess I'll be opening it up this weekend.

Had it for almost a year now, first problem for me....so hopefully my LHS is accommodating.

I think I may have a similar issue to this now. Was cleaning it last night after some park bashing, and noticed it got stuck. Didn't want to force it too much, but when I spin the wheels I also hear louder noises than what I'm used to. Guess I'll be opening it up this weekend.

Had it for almost a year now, first problem for me....so hopefully my LHS is accommodating.
2 yr warranty pal your golden ;)
The diff it fairly straightforward to rebuild if you have to btw. Glad you got a year at least I think mine broke on about the 2nd or 3 run with nimh... I was shocked but I think it was just a fluke like I said my rebiuld has been standing up to some serious punishment. :cool:

2 yr warranty pal your golden ;)
The diff it fairly straightforward to rebuild if you have to btw. Glad you got a year at least I think mine broke on about the 2nd or 3 run with nimh... I was shocked but I think it was just a fluke like I said my rebiuld has been standing up to some serious punishment. :cool:
Took it out for a spin to check, and all seems fine so far...but am watching it closely. If it goes...hello warranty!

I noticed that if you put on the (blx) option spur (54t) with the stock pinion (13t) it lowers the gear ratio (and raises top speed) by 5%. I haven't tried it yet but that should make for a noticeable increase in speed and also make switching to the high speed 3s gearing a lot easier. One of these days I will gps it both ways to see how much it actually changes.

Here is the gear chart from the tuning manual:View attachment 118
I have been running my blx with this gearing and my temps are definitely cooler and don't seem to loose much low end punch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back