Anyone doing custom length servo and ESC wires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
After adding Castle telemetry link to servo and ESC wires, receiver box on K EXB looks like an electrical supply house overstocked on wire.

Anyone use THIS to do custom length cables? Is there a better option?

I make all my own connections. Way cheaper and cleaner. That isn't one of the better ones. It gets the job done but a little fidgety. I honestly started about a year ago just soldering them together. A poor crimp will slip out easily.

I make all my own connections. Way cheaper and cleaner. That isn't one of the better ones. It gets the job done but a little fidgety. I honestly started about a year ago just soldering them together. A poor crimp will slip out easily.
So you don’t crimp at all, just solder? Not even around sheath as a strain relief? What were you using when crimping that was better?

So you don’t crimp at all, just solder? Not even around sheath as a strain relief? What were you using when crimping that was better?
I crimp the wire and add just a bit of solder. They make different jaws for that small of a wire for servos. I just do it as precautionary. I will see if I can find mine from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078WPT5M1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_Gtu6Fb5WFFNFF

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back