Kraton Anyone else a bit disappointed with the "new" 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Maybe it's just me but seems they really made minor changes at best for the new rigs..... Please chime in everyone love to hear everyone's input and thoughts!!

@Jimbobjr Not at all, keep up the positivity as we all could sure use a lot more of it especially this year. I'm not trying to hate on the new rigs at all just giving my input, like I said I do like a lot of the improvements as well. As for diffs they have been the only real issue I've had with my v4 Kraton (besides a broken chassis 3 weeks later) and from the first week which has been beyond frustrating especially being my first 6s rig and most expensive RC purchase. If I didn't buy new ring gears, (3 now in less than two months) my rig would still be sitting unusable from 3 days after purchase as I still haven't received warranty replacements 2 months later. I know the tires, fan, body is minor but again I think that's why it's so disappointing as it would be some of the easier/cheaper upgrades to differentiate the new line up.
I agree im waiting on mine also, supposed to be here sumtime in dec.

I am really disappointed with the new rigs....
Because I don't have one.:ROFLMAO:
I just need to mess with the new stuff myself.:cool:
Maybe it's just me but seems they really made minor changes at best for the new rigs..... Please chime in everyone love to hear everyone's input and thoughts!!
I wouldn't call them minor changes. More like a few key changes that tried to address major issues.

The sad thing is we had a good radio before the STX2 but they ditched and never changed the price. However I am not worried about it. just sayin.

I think the revisions are pretty good. Just the typical improvement.

Whilst our us friends get a $20 increase, on this side of the pond it's a £100 increase which imo makes the exb a really good deal and I'm glad I have mine on pre order, I'm starting to enjoy logging in at the lhs website to play the date shuffling game. ?

The sad thing is we had a good radio before the STX2 but they ditched and never changed the price. However I am not worried about it. just sayin.
No the price went up after they added the STX2. With the Tactic radio they were only $499.99 STX2 was $549.99.
trersghdgitled.jpg

Geez , You are correct. I remember they were $499. Then the CDN dolllar went down and we got burned on that too. Now high $700s. Local hobby shop has the V4 on sale for $729 now. That`s how bad that radio is.

I remember when Amain had new V3 6S Outcasts a year ago for $389.00, lasted quite awhile until they sold out.

Just be happy they always try to make their products better, look around at any other RTR basher producer, you won't find anything like you see from ARRMA & from the history I have learned researching is that there just weren't any updates, only aftermarket upgrades mostly. There's nothing wrong with the regular 6S diffs, I haven't experienced the EXB DIFFS personally so I can't speak on it but all diffs should be an easy task for anyone, stop being lazy and it's very inexpensive to correct the problem but there's nothing wrong with the diffs, only bad maintenance and poor driving. And if whoever doesn't agree and has negative or argumentative comments I assure you I don't care because I wouldn't waste my time typing this if I was wrong

Just be happy they always try to make their products better, look around at any other RTR basher producer, you won't find anything like you see from ARRMA & from the history I have learned researching is that there just weren't any updates, only aftermarket upgrades mostly. There's nothing wrong with the regular 6S diffs, I haven't experienced the EXB DIFFS personally so I can't speak on it but all diffs should be an easy task for anyone, stop being lazy and it's very inexpensive to correct the problem but there's nothing wrong with the diffs, only bad maintenance and poor driving. And if whoever doesn't agree and has negative or argumentative comments I assure you I don't care because I wouldn't waste my time typing this if I was wrong
I have not been having a good experience with the diffs in my talion v4. Stock power system with 17t pinion, backflip lp tires, ear plugs in center diff. Don’t really hammer on the throttle unless I’m doing a flip in the air. Crown gear strips no matter what , both front and rear. Inside of the diffs are fine though. Shimmed properly, and regularly maintained.

Back