Kraton Anyone else a bit disappointed with the "new" 6s rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Maybe it's just me but seems they really made minor changes at best for the new rigs..... Please chime in everyone love to hear everyone's input and thoughts!!

How come they didn't update the Outcast? It's the same as the Notorious sans the body, right?

Why wouldn't they update the Outcast to a V5? Isn't it the same as the Notorious, with a different body?

I guess they realized it didn't make sense to have the Outcast and Notorious identical apart from the body. They are probably working on a new Outcast stunt truck that will be different from the V5 Notorious. Maybe something more skate park specific, compared to the Notorious which is an all around stunt truck with dirt tires? (Pure speculation on my part.)

How come they didn't update the Outcast? It's the same as the Notorious sans the body, right?

Why wouldn't they update the Outcast to a V5? Isn't it the same as the Notorious, with a different body?

per JD:

F39417EA-82D8-4434-B668-908979453F0D.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the Outcast should be a EXB only. Let the Notorious be the rtr.

@Jimbobjr @leroychurchill don't expect a whole new car, I agree the changes are nice but also just seems lazy to not change even color of body to differentiate the v4 from v5. Also some of the extremely common issues such as adding a heatsink/fan or addressing the horrible diffs, more so the ring gear and shimming. Venting tires like all the new 3s line, just seems they hurried things to get a product out in my opinion.

@Jimbobjr @leroychurchill don't expect a whole new car, I agree the changes are nice but also just seems lazy to not change even color of body to differentiate the v4 from v5. Also some of the extremely common issues such as adding a heatsink/fan or addressing the horrible diffs, more so the ring gear and shimming. Venting tires like all the new 3s line, just seems they hurried things to get a product out in my opinion.
I don’t think the difs are horrible. I run 4585 and 4985 motors in two of my Arrmas geared high and the other two are stock. Sure, I’ve blown up a few difs but the problems are rare since my driving improved (it’s not great...)Shims are a few bucks, same with a heat sink fan unless you get a fancy one, venting tires cost nothing and takes 5 minutes. I can agree on the body, it would be nice to have a new colors or slightly different shape. I think the changes from v4 to v5 are far better than the ones from v3 to v4. I might like the 3 better than the 4 except for the old tires...

It will come out here on the forum when these guys start running them in a week or so. When the v4 came out the diffs were noticeably better and I think it wasn’t even advertised that they changed them. Perhaps there’s better handling with the new geometry or something else you can’t tell from the pictures. If I didn’t have so many cars it would be hard not to buy one. I’m excited for the guys that are upgrading from 1/10 scale to these. I always had trouble recommending Arrma to a new user when they would have to buy a radio day one. You can’t blame me for trying to be positive in 2020...

@Jimbobjr Not at all, keep up the positivity as we all could sure use a lot more of it especially this year. I'm not trying to hate on the new rigs at all just giving my input, like I said I do like a lot of the improvements as well. As for diffs they have been the only real issue I've had with my v4 Kraton (besides a broken chassis 3 weeks later) and from the first week which has been beyond frustrating especially being my first 6s rig and most expensive RC purchase. If I didn't buy new ring gears, (3 now in less than two months) my rig would still be sitting unusable from 3 days after purchase as I still haven't received warranty replacements 2 months later. I know the tires, fan, body is minor but again I think that's why it's so disappointing as it would be some of the easier/cheaper upgrades to differentiate the new line up.

It is so frustrating when you can’t get parts. I try to get diffs from Jennysrc with the bulkhead assembled, go thru them (fluid and shim if needed...) and put them on the shelf. They used to be maybe 37$ might be a little more now but still worth it. Once I strip out a ring I change the whole thing out and monkey with the broken in my spare time and put that one on the shelf. When those ring gears go the input is garbage too even though it still looks good. My bet is eventually they will change over to the exb ring and input, they look stout. That way they only need to manufacture one style.
@Jimbobjr Not at all, keep up the positivity as we all could sure use a lot more of it especially this year. I'm not trying to hate on the new rigs at all just giving my input, like I said I do like a lot of the improvements as well. As for diffs they have been the only real issue I've had with my v4 Kraton (besides a broken chassis 3 weeks later) and from the first week which has been beyond frustrating especially being my first 6s rig and most expensive RC purchase. If I didn't buy new ring gears, (3 now in less than two months) my rig would still be sitting unusable from 3 days after purchase as I still haven't received warranty replacements 2 months later. I know the tires, fan, body is minor but again I think that's why it's so disappointing as it would be some of the easier/cheaper upgrades to differentiate the new line up.

Ya I also get most my stuff from Jenny's as you can't beat the prices. Think diff with gearbox is now about $45+/- just ordered a couple for my new Kraton build I'm working on.

For the record I bought my V4 Kraton a few months ago and I haven't shimmed it at all, all I did was top up the fluid and I have had no problems whatsoever. I get the feeling (not directed at OP) some people just abuse their cars (standing backflips and land on power), break something and just blame the car. ?

I’m mainly disappointed there aren’t new body colors... ?
That was my first thought seeing the video, even the Granite and Bigrock got new colorways. ?

We all like shiny new things, but I'm generally in favor of keeping the same body and colors for more than one version if that means Arrma can save money by doing so and limit the price increase of the new version.

These bodies are getting thrashed so rapidly anyway.

Green? Orange? Purple? Tye dye?
I would think green and orange being the K8S colors, they could have expanded with some other new colors. Here are a few that I could see:

Yellow/White/Black
Pink/White/Grey
Red/White/Blue
Gold/White/Black
Green/White/Red

I’m mainly disappointed there aren’t new body colors... ?
I agree completely on the colors. I don't know if anyone else noticed but before the pics were added to the V5 ads they showed a red button for the red version and a black button. Clicking on them did nothing because they hadn't uploaded new pics yet. But that had me thinking one of the new V5 bodies was black. I was thinking it would be the EXB one. But now they are the same old red and blue ones.

Also I asked this elsewhere and didnt get an answer so Ill try here. Other than the new settings options for the Spektrum ESC are there any other advantages of the Spektrum motor and ESC over the V4 motor and ESC?

I agree completely on the colors. I don't know if anyone else noticed but before the pics were added to the V5 ads they showed a red button for the red version and a black button. Clicking on them did nothing because they hadn't uploaded new pics yet. But that had me thinking one of the new V5 bodies was black. I was thinking it would be the EXB one. But now they are the same old red and blue ones.

Also I asked this elsewhere and didnt get an answer so Ill try here. Other than the new settings options for the Spektrum ESC are there any other advantages of the Spektrum motor and ESC over the V4 motor and ESC?
Other than the Spektrum Smart features the Firma esc is the same as the BLX185 system.

Last edited:
I would think green and orange being the K8S colors, they could have expanded with some other new colors. Here are a few that I could see:

Yellow/White/Black
Pink/White/Grey
Red/White/Blue
Gold/White/Black
Green/White/Red
The Kraton v2 and v3 were both the same colors so maybe the v6 will get new colors.

Back