Kraton Anyone else do this or is it just me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiamG

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
A lot of my batteries are 50 to 80c, not sure if this affects LVC but for some reason my rigs don’t ever go into slow mode so I often run the danger of ruining my lipos

I got fed up of the alarm going off so I turned it off but then had to take the body off to check manually. Very annoying

So now all my rigs have the lipo checker glued on the body so I can easily see how much charge is left.

Lipo checkers are strategically placed so even if they flip on their lids they are still protected.

Outcast 8s example and Kraton 6s shown in pics. Couldn’t bring myself to cut the body of the outcast so I run the wire in between the gap by the wing. Kraton is a lot older so wasn’t too bothered about a little snippy snip.
BD7F09A7-C69F-4B97-8787-BC1CF053076C.jpeg
4C0E195C-B145-484C-9DAC-4982D8A2F11A.jpeg

Last edited:
What's a lipo checker? Is it a new version of checkers for night play? JK, sounds like a good plan to me. TBH I don't really get that technical with things..when my rigs start losing some snot, I shut em down and pull the batteries.🤠
Yep I used to rely on that method too, but for some reason LVC stopped working.

Good to have a visual cue though. And as mods go, only costs a few quid per car.

I run them, but I leave the alarm on and run them inside the body. I set the alarm to alert at different voltages depending on the type of car I'm running and its purpose (I run it higher on crawlers than I do on bashers, because the draw is usually so low on a crawler it sometimes won't alarm until you punch the throttle, and then you realize it's under LVC).

I’m lucky (kinda) my back gives out about 10-15min into my runs so I’m well in the limits of my lipo’s at that time. At least with my lipo’s there all 6000mah and higher
So I have a pretty decent timer built into my body lol 😂
I'm almost there.. I suspect my back is about 6500mah, but my batteries are only 5200mah 🤣🤣🍻

The unresolved question is why your LVC doesn’t work. Have you checked the esc setting? Don’t tell us is turned off🤣
Hahaha yeah did check. Used the programme card to see what it’s set at (intermediate) so that’s why I figured it must be my crappy C rated lipos. Could turn it to low but then how low is low?

Hahaha yeah did check. Used the programme card to see what it’s set at (intermediate) so that’s why I figured it must be my crappy C rated lipos. Could turn it to low but then how low is low?
I did notice that my ESC's LVC didn't come on as quickly when running a SMC lipo. The cheaper batteries I used had more voltage sag under load, making it trigger LVC a bit early.

I did notice that my ESC's LVC didn't come on as quickly when running a SMC lipo. The cheaper batteries I used had more voltage sag under load, making it trigger LVC a bit early.
Oh yeah that makes sense. Clearly I didn’t think that through properly in my original post. You’re right, good lipos mean lower chance of LVC and bad lipos mean higher chance of LVC

Comforting to know that my lipos are at least half decent
Set it to HIGH, should hit LVC the quickest.
Yep yeah should have said set to high…not low d’oh

Last edited:
I have a bunch of them but never run them, cool idea though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back