Kraton Anyone else done this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Just seeing if anyone else has tried this but saw a video on the web talking about the weak wing mounts on the kratons and the two screws holding it onto the tower shearing off on bad landings.
They ended up putting a zip tie through the screw hole then through the other spare hole on the tower so if you have a bad landing you only need to replace a zip tie which you can do without taking the tower apart to replace the sheared screws. Ive replaced my wing mounts with RPM ones on my EXB now as my stock ones broke and im going to give it ago to see how good it works, it makes sence to me but untill i try i wont know but if it does it will save money and alot of hassle i think

IMG_20210317_174039.jpg

Thats a bad idea.

Those 2 screws not only hold the wing mount but they also hold the tower to the diff case. If you have a bad landing its more likely to rip the bottom 2 screws off the diff case or bend the rear tower at the bottom

See this is why i post on here there is world of knowledge on here and great help and advice, i will put the screws back in as i got some through the post today😃

Not to mention the zip ties would weaken rather quickly and start flopping the wing around. Smaller zip ties are not very strong and even without any crashes, the wing's wind downforce when in use further stresses the zip ties.

See this is why i post on here there is world of knowledge on here and great help and advice, i will put the screws back in as i got some through the post today😃
That’s what we’re here for 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back