Anyone else have other expensive hobbies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im to young for this...
View attachment 210292
18inch focal f20s with stoptech brakes front and rear
cooper cs5 ultra touring
subwoffer with homade box being the rear fold out console
hks blow off valve
tein coilovers
getting new paint soon.

its the fastest car on this site though so theres that
Wow! A photo without empty tires! 😆

Wow! A photo without empty tires! 😆
Listen Here You Little Shit (Team Fortress 2 Sound) - YouTube

These are my MOSTLY custom FT Compressed air rifle for Field Target competition, sometime we call PCP for Pre-Compressed-Pneumatic airgun. You can refill the air tank by using either the scuba tank or high pressure compressor around 4,500.00 psi. We shoot heavy grain lead pellet with dome shape head at 9 up to over 75 yards at the knock down steel animal targets that were randomly arranged along the path either on the ground, on the tree, on the rocks, down the cliffs, etc. Animals include all kind of bird, bat, snake, squirrel, bear, deer, duck, etc. with the "KILL ZONE" diameter from 1/4" up to 2-3". Normally we shoot around 30 to 50 targets and take about 1-2 hours because you have to keep walking along the trail for several hundreds years. There are several classes depending of the air rifle types and shooting position, etc. I'd been practicing for several years before entering the competitions. The second photo shows the range calibration at each yard from 9 to 65 yards distance. Proper calibration may take up to a week! Note the scope is specially designed so that it can be focused down to 10 yards using extra LARGE custom focus wheel with numbers you write in the paper around the edge. The top elevation knob also fashion large custom size with label matching the number on the focus wheel. In competition, you have to consider several factors for accuracy: temperature, light condition, wind, humidity, altitude, etc. The most critical part is how you prepare the pellets!! In short, first you have to visually sort the pellet for any imperfection and discard them, clean the pellets, resize the pellets with special custom made die, the lubricate the pellets with your own SPECIAL formular. A well setup could easily cost you between 7 to 9K.

The third photo is Rodney Boyce the world champion FT shooting who we considered the best of the best.

The last photo is my own designed Bullpup PCP which moved the trigger forward thus shorter action that reduces shooter movement so the muzzle won't swing as much as traditinal setup.

IMG_0281.jpg

DCEF0770EEF04672A9913B21E2041CC6.JPG

download.jpg

5C0B25E037B845A5A4EB8FBA79F1AB35.JPG

DH and riding bike parks is the one hobby that I'm genuinely passionate about too, it blows everything else out of the water. I'd take a summer day at Whistler over anything in the world. But the amount of fun I get from this hobby minimizes the cost of bikes and trips so I don't really think of it as expensive. (Even though it is)

A hobby I do consider expensive is shooting sports because it eats a tremendous amount of time and money when compared to the brief period of fun it provides. Shooting a legitimate match means waking up at 4am and driving 3 hours, standing around taping targets for 5 hours when not shooting, then driving home for another three hours all to shoot for about 6 cumulative minutes. I always left the range thinking about all the other fun hobbies I could have been enjoying in that time. Because it's a perishable skill, staying proficient means a boatload of ammo and range time too. I honestly enjoy driving RC cars more.
View attachment 127055

Nice STI - No cheap that's for sure.

What is the blue bullet, a coating? Almost looks like a polymer.

Right now, none. My son grew 5” and stole my full suspension Oryx. I’m looking at bikes for spring. Might try a fat tire.
Cool. I got a Canyon Spectral 7 with Sram GX AXS. My brother got a Commencal Clash with Code RSC. My dad got a Evil insurgent LB with Fox 36 factory and a Nukeproof scout SLX.

Cool. I got a Canyon Spectral 7 with Sram GX AXS. My brother got a Commencal Clash with Code RSC. My dad got a Evil insurgent LB with Fox 36 factory and a Nukeproof scout SLX.
Wow! You and your family have excellent taste in bikes!

I have a Devinci Spartan LTD, a Voodoo Bizango Classic hardtail and a Standard 125 20" BMX race bike. I am also currently building a full-custom Kona Honzo ESD.

M'y son has a 2013 Pivot Mach5.7c (my old bike). My wife has a 2020 Kona Process 134 CR 29".

Wow! You and your family have excellent taste in bikes!

I have a Devinci Spartan LTD, a Voodoo Bizango Classic hardtail and a Standard 125 20" BMX race bike. I am also currently building a full-custom Kona Honzo ESD.

M'y son has a 2013 Pivot Mach5.7c (my old bike). My wife has a 2020 Kona Process 134 CR 29".
Got some nice rigs there !

We all like the 650b's wheel size.

Hows your trails in your area ?

Just went for a ride today and my trails are running great !

Got some nice rigs there !

We all like the 650b's wheel size.

Hows your trails in your area ?

Just went for a ride today and my trails are running great !
My Spartan runs on 27.5 as well, but the ESD will have 29" wheels (first 29" for me).

My trails are buried under about 2m of snow at the moment, thanks for asking! 😜😅

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back