Vendetta Anyone else having trouble removing one of the driveshafts off the differential?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I was going to be doing some maintenance on my vendetta, and one side of the driveshaft came off like normal with a 2 mm hex tool, the other side, almost as if it was stripped even though I don’t believe it was. Assuming it might’ve been a fluke I grabbed my son’s vendetta to see if it was the same and exact same thing happened. One driveshaft came off and the other Hex head was acting as if it was larger which I don’t believe it is. Very strange I’ve worked on my granite and big rock without any problems in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

I was going to be doing some maintenance on my vendetta, and one side of the driveshaft came off like normal with a 2 mm hex tool, the other side, almost as if it was stripped even though I don’t believe it was. Assuming it might’ve been a fluke I grabbed my son’s vendetta to see if it was the same and exact same thing happened. One driveshaft came off and the other Hex head was acting as if it was larger which I don’t believe it is. Very strange I’ve worked on my granite and big rock without any problems in the past. Any help would be appreciated.

Which driveshaft.. what side?
Have you tried a slightly larger hex driver?

Which driveshaft.. what side?
Have you tried a slightly larger hex driver?
So on one car, it was the gear side driveshaft and on the other car it was the opposite side. I tried a 2.5 mm and it was too big did not work. I am so confused on what is going on. I even tried a couple different hex tools to make sure that wasn’t the problem.

So on one car, it was the gear side driveshaft and on the other car it was the opposite side. I tried a 2.5 mm and it was too big did not work. I am so confused on what is going on. I even tried a couple different hex tools to make sure that wasn’t the problem.

Could be the loctite from the factory was a bit much.. (or it's sieged by corrosion)?

Try using a hairdryer on high heat and warm up the screw down the shaft to see if it helps loosen it up a bit..

I believe there are 2 holes on the shaft connection spot where the grub screw is. One hole has the grub and the other doesn't and it's been hard to tell for me a couple times. Are you sure there is a grub in it?

I believe there are 2 holes on the shaft connection spot where the grub screw is. One hole has the grub and the other doesn't and it's been hard to tell for me a couple times. Are you sure there is a grub in it?
I believe it is the grub screw as I was able to remove the shaft on the other side. Again weird because I was able to do my big rock and granite at least 10 times each in years past not sure what the difference is on this. My concern is when I need to do bearings or something like that. I have no way to access them.

Arrma CVD’s (3 and 4s) use grub screws. 3S line stock driveshafts have a single flathead screw that secures the driveshaft to the differential and wheel axle from the inside of the driveshaft.

The only way I’ve been able to deal with that is by Dremeling off the plastic part of the driveshaft and then removing the screw with a pair of pliers. Of course it ruins that section of the driveshaft. So unless you absolutely need to remove them just let it ride until you do. It’s definitely a bummer though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back