Anyone else hyped for Battlefield 2042?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved all but ONE Halo…the one that was RPG…. I like FPS and i was so caught off card when i bought that game. I am so glad that they went back to FPS! I would love to have a Master Chief Collection!!

I loved all but ONE Halo…the one that was RPG…. I like FPS and i was so caught off card when i bought that game. I am so glad that they went back to FPS! I would love to have a Master Chief Collection!!
I'm pretty sure it is only $40.

I tried installing it on my box but then it started complaining that my Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics drivers were out of date … except they are not. Watched some streamers play for a bit today and it seemed interesting although they were complaining about the dots over peoples heads and not sure if that could be turned off as it made trying to hide in cover useless.

Oh well, Season 6 of Warzone tomorrow.

I tried installing it on my box but then it started complaining that my Radeon RX Vega M GL graphics drivers were out of date … except they are not. Watched some streamers play for a bit today and it seemed interesting although they were complaining about the dots over peoples heads and not sure if that could be turned off as it made trying to hide in cover useless.

Oh well, Season 6 of Warzone tomorrow.
I don't even think that you can run it on that.

Recommended PC specs​

• Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
  • Processor (Intel): Intel Core i7 4790
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Video Memory: 8GB
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
  • DirectX: 12
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard-drive space: 100GB SSD

Minimum PC specs​

• Processor (AMD): AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Memory: 4GB
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon RX 560
  • DirectX: 12
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
  • Hard-drive space: 100GB
I average 80 fps on high on my rig at 2560x1440.
Intel i7 9700k
16gb of ram
Geforce RTX 2080

I was having all sorts of issues on release, it kept saying I needed to preorder or be an EA Play subscriber, I have EA Play Pro. So I just broke down and pre-ordered the game. Tonight I spawned in to a glitched screen where I saw some mountains and some boats in the background. Or I kept getting a message that I couldn't connect to the servers................ The bots are stupid, they will bail out of vehicles before the vehicle blows up, sort of funny seeing 4 dudes bail out of a transport then wrecking them all :ROFLMAO:

The game is rather glitchy still and I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to get delayed again.

Last edited:
I don't even think that you can run it on that.

Ha. Honestly I haven't researched it - I finally got an old Intel NUC box together and have been using that for Call of Duty Warzone. Seems to work well enough and I guess I'm fine with 60-70 fps right now. Unfortunately I haven't kept up with the gaming world so trying to familiarize myself with all the different GPUs/cards out there is beyond the amount of free time I have right now. I'm the old man waving my 3.5" floppies around of Sierra's King's Quest and I'm definitely not up on what the latest tech is.

Ha. Honestly I haven't researched it - I finally got an old Intel NUC box together and have been using that for Call of Duty Warzone. Seems to work well enough and I guess I'm fine with 60-70 fps right now. Unfortunately I haven't kept up with the gaming world so trying to familiarize myself with all the different GPUs/cards out there is beyond the amount of free time I have right now. I'm the old man waving my 3.5" floppies around of Sierra's King's Quest and I'm definitely not up on what the latest tech is.
Even if you were good luck finding a GPU they are like hens teeth right now. It is seriously so bad that my nearly 3 year old used gpu is worth more now than it was when I bought it.

Well this pretty much sums up Battlefield 2042...................

5d08b0c8f1d9645a7d3484b95e23ae33edb4ed9cfcdd611d3b1427604e5ce5be_1.png

I get the gaming thing but I personally cant do it.
Back in the day I think I'm the only one that never got to save the princess...damn Mario!
I broke a toe and a couple of jalousies when I kicked the console. :whistle::LOL:

I get the gaming thing but I personally cant do it.
Back in the day I think I'm the only one that never got to save the princess...damn Mario!
I broke a toe and a couple of jalousies when I kicked the console. :whistle::LOL:
I like the rush of adrenalin you get when you are in the middle of a firefight on a 20 kill streak and almost out of ammo.

But this review pretty much sums my thoughts on this game.

Warning totally NSFW

I like the rush of adrenalin you get when you are in the middle of a firefight on a 20 kill streak and almost out of ammo.

But this review pretty much sums my thoughts on this game.

Warning totally NSFW

I think I have to give this gaming thing another chance :unsure:

I do want to get it. I’m not a big a fan for futuristic was so COD:Vanguard looks more appealing to me this time around. Also I’m a nerd in the sense that I can’t wait for the new Halo:Infinite to release 😂.

All i saw were bad reviews on steam:
View attachment 180926
That's because it's not even like you are playing Battlefield, it feels like they tried to mash a bunch of modern fps games together and this giant turd was the end result.

One of the main reasons I intensified my RC hobby is to keep away from gaming. An addiction i've been coping with for 25y.
I also sit behind my computer all day for work, adding another 4-8h daily on top of that just isn't healthy.

Still i do get drawn to new games, especially the 'yet another release of games i've played before' like battlefield. If it was cheaper and not an EA game i'd likely would have bought it even if it's a turd...

Was a bf 1942 Fanatic, Played all since and still playing BF4, I haven't got 2042 yet because EA likes to put out incomplete games and from the 20k+ reviews it sounds like this is the case again, I will wait until a few patches have come out first.

Was a bf 1942 Fanatic, Played all since and still playing BF4, I haven't got 2042 yet because EA likes to put out incomplete games and from the 20k+ reviews it sounds like this is the case again, I will wait until a few patches have come out first.

For me it's not so much that game is incomplete or broken its just that the game itself just plain sucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back