Fireteam Anyone else with bad motor mount screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferrebee88

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast EXB
My motor mount screws came out of tolerance, so I cannot get them off without drilling them or using a dremel... a 2.5mm hex key fits in the slot very loosely and will strip for sure if I put torque on it. The other screws have a much tighter tolerance. What gives?
20221128_201620.jpg

My motor mount screws came out of tolerance, so I cannot get them off without drilling them or using a dremel... a 2.5mm hex key fits in the slot very loosely and will strip for sure if I put torque on it. The other screws have a much tighter tolerance. What gives?View attachment 259150

those cheapoAssianmonkey screws..? Can't seem to get their sizes right, let alone the metal...

Best to get your hand on some of these Serious USA crafted Titanium bolts by @RedondoBeachRC >>

1669698423477.png

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/titanium-6s-motor-mount-screws.56881/

Yeah, those screws suck. I’d replace with some M4 socket screws. 18mm long.

I like the Scorched RC screws but they’re a little pricey and they take weeks to arrive.

I’m sure you can find something cheaper.

Last edited:
I have machined hex drivers. I even heated up the screws with a butane lighter. The tolerance is just too loose on those particular screws. I guess I'll use my Dremel and turn them into flat head screws... anyone got a better idea?

Unfortunately that's about the only (cheap) way to get them off..

unfortunately those motor mount screws are complete garbage. Replaced those right away on my 6s rigs.
those cheapoAssianmonkey screws..? Can't seem to get their sizes right, let alone the metal...

Best to get your hand on some of these Serious USA crafted Titanium bolts by @RedondoBeachRC >>

View attachment 259151

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/titanium-6s-motor-mount-screws.56881/
I second the titanium motor screw mounts from @RedondoBeachRC. Got some in last week and they are top notch.

Pan head screws are usually low grade steel, as they're not commonly made in 10.9/12.9 grades, and therefore they strip easily. Slot them, then replace with a button/cap head and washer is my suggestion.
That is probably what I will do since I have plenty of those in reserve.

I have machined hex drivers. I even heated up the screws with a butane lighter. The tolerance is just too loose on those particular screws. I guess I'll use my Dremel and turn them into flat head screws... anyone got a better idea?

Torx bit worked for me
DC42DFF6-4215-4414-B8CF-8F00D1AB1358.jpeg

I also have the grade 5 titanium screws M4x18mm
D4562C5E-CD40-40C6-8744-EA3A71AAB462.jpeg

Torx is the way to go for those screws. When adjusting the mesh it sometimes takes a few tries until the mesh is right. Hex-Tools are often just not exact enough. And some hex screws are not manufactured too exactly. That adds up at times and destroys the screw.

Also when using a tiny bit of loctite you can loosen the screws without heat when using torx.

I tend to change other screws to stainless steel V2A (but hex) when wrenching.

Yes just serviced my new Fireteam, one of the 2 screws is stripped. And all 3 differentials were low on fluids . And a few rusty screws here are 2 of them.

IMG_20221129_095617.jpg

IMG_20221129_080902.jpg

IMG_20221129_105528.jpg

IMG_20221129_093243~2.jpg

Oh and the front and rear diffs outer gear was nearly dry. Lubed those of course.

You can usually use a torx bit... Even if you have to give it some love taps... definitely use the heat just the same.. heat em good..👍
I used a t15 torx bit and hammered it in to get these screws loose. Do you think they used enough thread locker?
20221129_184626.jpg
20221129_184610.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back