Anyone ever 3d print tires (and have tested them)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may sound silly, but try them in the pla.. on paper petg says it's stronger, in some cases it is, but it's more fragile than pla beleive it or not..
+1. PLA has held up under stress way better than PETG, in my experience.

I ungled the rim from the tire took some time slightly damaged the tpu tire. Some melted corners shousl still be okay to use. I think ima try abs because nylon i just cant. I can also try petg annealed. In a positive note the tpu became 2 times softer

32bb6dc6-c950-4b44-b60b-c1135abb0df7.jpg

20230106_011636.jpg

20230106_011626.jpg

Taulman 230 prints at lower temps than most abs, and is far superior.. just saying..

I would also suggest the whole print be 100% infill.. with your bottom and top count, and your wall count, the only thing that got skimped in material, (with infill), is where it counts the most, the hub..

You can use an insane amount of wall count, or bottom, top, layer parameters, or just tell it 100% infill.. either way will yield the same 100% solid part..👍

Taulman 230 prints at lower temps than most abs, and is far superior.. just saying..

I would also suggest the whole print be 100% infill.. with your bottom and top count, and your wall count, the only thing that got skimped in material, (with infill), is where it counts the most, the hub..

You can use an insane amount of wall count, or bottom, top, layer parameters, or just tell it 100% infill.. either way will yield the same 100% solid part..👍
Might try pla+ or petg with 100% layers around the whole hex 8walls. Pla has a higher hardness but breaks shadders at one point. Pla+ that i have is more flexible but still keeps pla proprieties of hardness. Petg is very flexible but shatters easier?
im debating on what to do honestly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back