Kraton Anyone ever do a ground up build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydrew

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
thinking of doing a winter project of a Kraton XL using all the best parts for everything. but is it worth it? i have a regular kraton BLX and it treats me just fine. i guess i just like to tinker.

of coarse i can just build it the cheap way by using my truck as the donor and ordering the mojave arrma parts.

not really sure which way to go. i kind of do not need two of almost the same truck.

haha I kinda did the same thing. I had a talion and a kraton and I built a Talion XL from the ground up with m2c mojave chassis. Thankfully I had some stuff already like hubs/hexes/servo mount/arms/battery trays etc etc.

I had fun and tbh it definitely drives differently than both a normal talion or kraton. I think it's more similar to the Talion though as it should be. I added some hub extensions too so mine is noticeably wider than other peoples. I love it and glad I did it. I actually haven't pulled out the kraton 6s exb in a long time. The Talion XL really feels like a 1/7th scale truggy, especially with extensions and the outcast 8s wing I added.

image001.jpg

I’ve done them, they are fun. But I find myself going back to a Kraton 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you want to do something fun on the cheap and have a completely different truck for only a few pieces… get a swb chassis from Jenny’s rc and a rear chassis brace and drive shaft. And a center brace if your running that. Oh and a body of course…

But with just a few pieces it’s a totally different ride…

thinking of doing a winter project of a Kraton XL using all the best parts for everything. but is it worth it? i have a regular kraton BLX and it treats me just fine. i guess i just like to tinker.

of coarse i can just build it the cheap way by using my truck as the donor and ordering the mojave arrma parts.

not really sure which way to go. i kind of do not need two of almost the same truck.
What other cars do you have?
I’ve done them, they are fun. But I find myself going back to a Kraton 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you want to do something fun on the cheap and have a completely different truck for only a few pieces… get a swb chassis from Jenny’s rc and a rear chassis brace and drive shaft. And a center brace if your running that. Oh and a body of course…

But with just a few pieces it’s a totally different ride…
Darn you!!! That's why I asked what other cars he's had lol... I would 100% do a short wheelbase with a nasty motor and gearing, it will put a smile on your face, guaranteed, and make you a better driver, imo..

@jerseydrew I absolutely think it's worth it. But I enjoy tearing them down and rebuilding. I'm doing this right now with a used Arrma Felony I just got in a trade.

If you want to skip the tearing everything apart step and go straight to building. Might I suggest checking out one of the Tekno RC (teknoforums.com) models? These are incredible RC's in kit form.

Me and my 7yr old kid did a Krajave from the ground up. All bought from Jenny's. It costed like 4 millions.
Maybe not, but much more than it would be to just buy a roller. Building it sure is fun tho...

IMG-1047.jpg

I built my current speed runner out of mostly spare parts & misorders from the ground up. Kinda started life as a typhon, now on kraton chassis, Mojave arms, limitless shocks/towers & gp5 diffs. I think the only typhon left is the body!

20220828_170326.jpg

20220828_170446.jpg

Wow!!! 🤩 Never really seen anything like that before, beautiful build man 🤯👍👍
Thanks! I never shared it here before.
Most people frown on aluminum arms and stuff, extra weight and lack of strength, and its true, but I lived on south beach for 22 years, so I see 1:1 cars just like that all the time. I wanted to build and over the top SoBe Miami Arrma from the ground- up all custom.
That's the Rona Build. Most of 2020 and some of 2021 slowly getting parts in the mail. Wasn't poop else to do locked in my house all that time. As seen in my hand polished castle motor and XL2.

Thanks! I never shared it here before.
Most people frown on aluminum arms and stuff, extra weight and lack of strength, and its true, but I lived on south beach for 22 years, so I see 1:1 cars just like that all the time. I wanted to build and over the top SoBe Miami Arrma from the ground- up all custom.
That's the Rona Build. Most of 2020 and some of 2021 slowly getting parts in the mail. Wasn't poop else to do locked in my house all that time. As seen in my hand polished castle motor and XL2.
Could we have just seen the rotm for September??!! Got my vote!!!!!!😁👍🤘

Have you ran that yet? I know earlier this year it was about done.
Haha that's right I did share her in the hotdog roast thread.
Yea I did some laps on my little block. She ran straight and true surprisingly.
Some dudes came over and were blown away, I got nervous and sheds been on my shelf ever since.
She will have her day soon. When its not 99 outside.

Haha that's right I did share her in the hotdog roast thread.
Yea I did some laps on my little block. She ran straight and true surprisingly.
Some dudes came over and were blown away, I got nervous and sheds been on my shelf ever since.
She will have her day soon. When its not 99 outside.
Hit me up. New build has been ran, and crashed. But it's about ready to run again. Found that 1.25 miles long road out in the glades.

Hit me up. New build has been ran, and crashed. But it's about ready to run again. Found that 1.25 miles long road out in the glades.
Bet!
Let them temps drop just a little. Couple weeks hopefully. I'll text you soon homie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back