Anyone ever have this happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnzEXB

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Found the greatest place to bash and then this happened….the terrain is small rock, loose and hard packed dirt, it’s a bit of everything. Do I need a firm foam or a different tire?

C617BC90-80C2-4CD6-B928-6E661F01E9C7.jpeg

Could be a lot of different things, did you vent the tires and tape the inside holes? How big of gearing are you running, and are the rocks sharp your running on?

Could be a lot of different things, did you vent the tires and tape the inside holes? How big of gearing are you running, and are the rocks sharp your running on?
I didn’t vent or tape the tires. How do you do that and what does it do? I’m a noob so I just put the tires on the rims and let it rip with stock gearing. Some rocks could be sharp
I’ve seen that happen to people when a tire rips a little then at high rpm the rubber gets a spinnin 😂
Welcome to the forum
That’s way I was wondering if a firmer foam would help. It was fun while it lasted

So your issue was surely not venting the tires. Doing so allows air, water, and dirt to escape easily instead of blowing out the tire under high speeds. Centripetal force is the cause. When the wheels are spinning at high speeds, it forces the tire to expand. Go fast enough and even the weight of the air inside will blow it out.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/venting-tires.1939/

So your issue was surely not venting the tires. Doing so allows air, water, and dirt to escape easily instead of blowing out the tire under high speeds. Centripetal force is the cause. When the wheels are spinning at high speeds, it forces the tire to expand. Go fast enough and even the weight of the air inside will blow it out.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/venting-tires.1939/
Thanks for your help JD74 and quick response!!! It’s greatly appreciate. I just ordered new tires and I’ll be sure to vent them. If you have any other performance tips I’m all ears.

That's pretty common with high powered rigs, several reasons why that can happen. Like said above ^^ vent your tires to cut down on balooning.

Found the greatest place to bash and then this happened….the terrain is small rock, loose and hard packed dirt, it’s a bit of everything. Do I need a firm foam or a different tire?

View attachment 158456
It happens. Had one that started to do that… caught it quick and super glued it. Probably won’t last long but got us out today, which is good enough.

It was a tire on my wife’s new big rock so I emailed Horizon and they are sending me another one. Far as I can tell it starts with the tire separating from the rim a bit…So I went over the tires on all of my cars and reglued as needed.

That's pretty common with high powered rigs, several reasons why that can happen. Like said above ^^ vent your tires to cut down on balooning.
Will do even though the ballooning looks so cool
It happens. Had one that started to do that… caught it quick and super glued it. Probably won’t last long but got us out today, which is good enough.

It was a tire on my wife’s new big rock so I emailed Horizon and they are sending me another one. Far as I can tell it starts with the tire separating from the rim a bit…So I went over the tires on all of my cars and reglued as needed.
i will inspect my tires now as part of pre-bash prep, thanks

Back