Anyone ever heard of HRB brand batteries?

Jeremy in WI

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
If you're worried about it, get an ir thermometer and check the temps every now and then while running. 50C is plenty fine. Worst case scenario, the truck goes into thermal and slows down until it cools off. I would have no worries about it though. In fact, I might pick one up for myself when I need another. It would be nice to have the added run time.

Thread starter #43

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Senton
If you're worried about it, get an ir thermometer and check the temps every now and then while running. 50C is plenty fine. Worst case scenario, the truck goes into thermal and slows down until it cools off. I would have no worries about it though. In fact, I might pick one up for myself when I need another. It would be nice to have the added run time.
Thanks for the reinsurance, guess I'll put this order in. I'm gonna grab some smc batteries too. Figured I'd try these out since they were so adorned with compliments.

TraverseCity420

Total Armma Fanboy
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
I bought like 3 lipo bags there not really fireproof there just ment to reduce the chance of damage in case of a fire.

Jeremy in WI

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega
Thread starter #53

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Senton
Yeah those are pretty handy I always check my cells after charging and discharging make sure no dead cells
As reckless as this may sound, I have not discharged or storage charged this beginner battery I have....I usually just bash and once I see the truck slowing down I just throw it in the ammo can and recharge before the next bash...... 😏..... Not sure if the discharge is the same as storage charge but still haven't found the storage feature on my charger. YouTube I go

Thread starter #55

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Senton
It's fine. I'll just use you as my threshold. If your batteries don't ignite, mine should definitely be fine! Lol! I actually just took delivery on those lv alarms yesterday. I got sick of my granite ending up dead in the road a block away.
Lol yeah I seen a guy use it on YouTube so I figured I'll grab one

TraverseCity420

Total Armma Fanboy
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
I've had fully charged batteries sitting around for the past week, been meaning to get outside and use them but this temp poop is cold!!

Plus I got 2 on the floor atm that are discharged down to 3.7 I need to bring up to 3.85 and store them in a bag for a week or 2 till temps come back up to at least 30s.

You don't have to be 100% anal about batterie care just be.. responsible :D

Thread starter #57

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Senton
I've had fully charged batteries sitting around for the past week, been meaning to get outside and use them but this temp poop is cold!!

Plus I got 2 on the floor atm that are discharged down to 3.7 I need to bring up to 3.85 and store them in a bag for a week or 2 till temps come back up to at least 30s.

You don't have to be 100% anal about batterie care just be.. responsible :D
Cool I'll read the manual to see how the discharge feature works and the best volts to keep er at

TraverseCity420

Total Armma Fanboy
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Cool I'll read the manual to see how the discharge feature works and the best volts to keep er at
The discharge feature your prolly not gonna wanna use, its gonna be something like 1 amp which means its gonna take 4ever to discharge a full battery, For storage purposes 3.85 volts is where you want them. Most chargers have a storage charge feature.

Thread starter #59

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Senton
The discharge feature your prolly not gonna wanna use, its gonna be something like 1 amp which means its gonna take 4ever to discharge a full battery, For storage purposes 3.85 volts is where you want them. Most chargers have a storage charge feature.
Thanks for the humble knowledge!

ssmiljanic

Arrma RC's
Raider, Talion
Just my two cents. Purchased a 4s HRB battery hard pack from Amazon. In Canada Amazon is probably the cheapest option in general hence I also have a lot of gens ace. Performance similar, but definitely not as rugged of a hard case as gens ace. The HRB hard case has a more DIY feel to it. Connectors about the same. Performance good.