Anyone ever heard of HRB brand batteries?

Notorious J

AKA THE NOTORIOUS OUTCAST
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Just my two cents. Purchased a 4s HRB battery hard pack from Amazon. In Canada Amazon is probably the cheapest option in general hence I also have a lot of gens ace. Performance similar, but definitely not as rugged of a hard case as gens ace. The HRB hard case has a more DIY feel to it. Connectors about the same. Performance good.
🇨🇦👍

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
I will say after running some YouMe 6000mah 3S lipos, another cheapo pack from amazon, They preform just as good as HRB's no issues so far.

It did take the pack a cpl cycles before the 6000mah matched the run time of my other 6000mah packs, so take that into consideration when buying any new lipos sometimes they take a cycle or 2 to reach full potential.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Just my two cents. Purchased a 4s HRB battery hard pack from Amazon. In Canada Amazon is probably the cheapest option in general hence I also have a lot of gens ace. Performance similar, but definitely not as rugged of a hard case as gens ace. The HRB hard case has a more DIY feel to it. Connectors about the same. Performance good.
Thanks sir

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I will say after running some YouMe 6000mah 3S lipos, another cheapo pack from amazon, They preform just as good as HRB's no issues so far.

It did take the pack a cpl cycles before the 6000mah matched the run time of my other 6000mah packs, so take that into consideration when buying any new lipos sometimes they take a cycle or 2 to reach full potential.
So what's the hidden standard of run time of a 6k. mAh? I wish I could get a hour straight but I'm sure in the RC world that's not the norm

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
So what's the hidden standard of run time of a 6k. mAh? I wish I could get a hour straight but I'm sure in the RC world that's not the norm

Too many variables to suggest theres any standard runtime, I could go 50% power and run for an hour where as you go 100% power and run for 10 mins..

20mins at moderate to full throttle for most of the run is what I average but again too many variables to suggest a standard, In snow and anything that's going to slow down your car your gonna run thru the battery quicker.. More resistance = less run times.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Too many variables to suggest theres any standard runtime, I could go 50% power and run for an hour where as you go 100% power and run for 10 mins..

20mins at moderate to full throttle for most of the run is what I average but again too many variables to suggest a standard, In snow and anything that's going to slow down your car your gonna run thru the battery quicker.. More resistance = less run times.
Do you race at the track?

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Do you race at the track?
I don't even know of any tracks around here, I just run mostly on the trails in the woods that I take my dog for a walk on and the road/snow front yard right now.

My brother made mention of a BMX track I wanna go check out and the LHS guy said something about a race track but racing isn't really for me I just like bashing.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
I don't even know of any tracks around here, I just run mostly on the trails in the woods that I take my dog for a walk on and the road/snow front yard right now.

My brother made mention of a BMX track I wanna go check out and the LHS guy said something about a race track but racing isn't really for me I just like bashing.
Right on, my lhs looked at me crazy when I came with a Arrma truck 🤣 i think because I didn't pay that $600 traxxas bill

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Right on, my lhs looked at me crazy when I came with a Arrma truck 🤣 i think because I didn't pay that $600 traxxas bill
Yeah mine was none to happy when I told him I had an arrma coming and I was sick of traxxas poop breaking all the time lol

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Amps and Volts are not the same :D

5200 mah = 5.2 Amps 1 amp = 1000mah

Discharged down to a safe level that battery is 7.4v fully charged the battery is 8.4 volts.

Trustmedood

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
"Too much"? As in too big to fit? Or too much weight? The 5400 vs 4500 isn't a huge difference in weight, 4oz, but the larger one adds run time. The 5400 is 12mm taller.

I found a way to fit a SMC 3S2P 7200 in my stampede... had to get creative and use straps instead of the stock holder downer. Not sure how much room the granite has.

I made the 7200 packs out of some old 2S 7200 2S2P packs. Ended up being pretty tall.
I run a HRB 3S 6000 mah in my Granite and it uses up every last inch.