Anyone ever heard of HRB brand batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more thing to clarify, the battery has to also able to supply enough instantaneous current (amps), which is where C-rating comes in.
Yeah I think this battery would pack a nice I'll probably grab one of these and a smc

There really good budget batteries I've ran the 2s packs in my traxxas poop for months and just started running there 3s packs and can't complain I get good run times
This hobby has some much obtainable knowledge. Basically I want to try both batteries just have to make sure I have an adapter for the connectors ?

HRB batteries, the "cheap amazon" batteries is what everyone at the airfield calls them. They are very popular with the plane guys. My uncle lost a plane due to an HRB battery failure, but we don't have to worry about that on the surface side. I have a great picture of the fuselage of his plane stuck in the tree though lol.

I've had two HRB 6S 5000mah soft packs for almost a year and both are still strong. No issues with either even with some playing around at the RC track on Friday nights when all my 4S packs are charging. I don't bash like some guys I see on youtube so they haven't received a beating.

I recently had a gens-ace-r-spam hard pack 4S 5000mah that had a bad cell, leaving me w/ only 2 more 4S packs of same capacity. So I picked up 2 HRB 4S 6000mah hard packs for me and my son to run at RC track. We ran them hard on club race day and they have been great so far. Stay balanced and have a bit more pop than the gens-ace-r-spam packs.

I'm just saying they are awesome batteries if you go with the correct ones for your rig. Everyone at my local track uses them and they are super reliable and durable.

As in power the little blx100. That's just what I was told.
Ah. Yeah, 3S is 3S. If your truck can handle 3S, then the only things you need to be concerned are the connector, the C rating (what's the minimum your truck needs) and the dimensions. As stated, the C rating and MAH rating are for what the battery is capable of delivering. The S is the voltage it supplies. If your truck is only 2S compatible, then a 3S will either cook it or it won't work at all, regardless of the C or MAH.

One more thing to clarify, the battery has to also able to supply enough instantaneous current (amps), which is where C-rating comes in.

Yes, need to make sure that you meet or exceed the minimum C rating for your car. Not only can you damage your battery but your ESC.....Good point CrashBoom

HRB batteries, the "cheap amazon" batteries is what everyone at the airfield calls them. They are very popular with the plane guys. My uncle lost a plane due to an HRB battery failure, but we don't have to worry about that on the surface side. I have a great picture of the fuselage of his plane stuck in the tree though lol.

Let's see the carnage pic.

Ah. Yeah, 3S is 3S. If your truck can handle 3S, then the only things you need to be concerned are the connector, the C rating (what's the minimum your truck needs) and the dimensions. As stated, the C rating and MAH rating are for what the battery is capable of delivering. The S is the voltage it supplies. If your truck is only 2S compatible, then a 3S will either cook it or it won't work at all, regardless of the C or MAH.
Yeah I can use 3s, I'll have to do some research to see if all that power would burn my gears etc...

My stampede 4x4 is 2S or 3S capable, but from what I've read, there are things you should do if you want to run 3S primarily. With even 2S, I had issues with axles twisting off on me. I've upgraded those, put a center diff in and currently run 3S, but I have a feeling, heat will be my issue when it's warm out. I've only been running 3S in it for a month or so and it's been 50F or lower outside. I don't run the stock esc/motor in it anyway. It's been fine so far and tons of fun. So, if heat is an issue... then I'll be looking at a motor and esc upgrade in the spring.

I have never used HRB batteries myself but my friend ran HRB 4S in his electric converted S-Maxx and he never had issues. Online not too many have issues either. When the packs are that cheap, it’s not bad if one out of 5 is bad.

My stampede 4x4 is 2S or 3S capable, but from what I've read, there are things you should do if you want to run 3S primarily. With even 2S, I had issues with axles twisting off on me. I've upgraded those, put a center diff in and currently run 3S, but I have a feeling, heat will be my issue when it's warm out. I've only been running 3S in it for a month or so and it's been 50F or lower outside. I don't run the stock esc/motor in it anyway. It's been fine so far and tons of fun. So, if heat is an issue... then I'll be looking at a motor and esc upgrade in the spring.
Well I'm in Wisconsin wind chill 13 so I don't have to worry about heat until July- August and that's only 80s to 93 with humidity

I like the HRB's. So far it's been super reliable and good power/run time. I have a 4s 6000 mah for my typhon and it has been tested heavily. The only downside is I had to put a hump on it to clamp down my battery tray and hold it in place.

Let's see the carnage pic.
This is a screenshot view from my uncle's fpv goggles before the HRB battery took a dump. That is my F-86 above him.
f86.jpg

We we about 350-400ft up when he lost power. The fence in the picture is 6ft tall for reference on how tall the tree is. It free-falled into the tree HARD. It was wedged in there, we couldn't get it down. I found pieces of the fuselage, wing, vertical stabilizer, nose gear, etc on the ground.
f86 tree.jpg

That sucks. Nobody likes a battery failure. I have had different brands crap out on me too... that's why all my vehicles are land or sea based now. Last drone I lost made me cry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back