Talion Anyone ever ran Talion in RWD only? How'd it go?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synack

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
As I was replacing the front center dog bone last night I was wondering after putting everything back together if anyone has ever run the Talion in RWD only mode. And how did it act?

Was it fast? Was it uncontrollable? Was it awesome?

I haven't done it w/ my Talion, but years ago I did with my HPI Savage X 4.6. That truck has no center diff, so it worked fine mechanically but from what I remember it was completely uncontrollable and wasn't really much fun at all. On the Talion you'd need a center diff lock for it to work. It might be more controllable from the lower and longer stance.

Take out the center diff, open it up and put some silly putty or ear plugs or something in there, put the diff back in without putting in the front driveshaft. Then you will have a rwd Talion and be able to try it out for next to nothing.

I could only see this being feasible on pavement with sticky tires. I think it would be a nightmare in the dirt. Let us know how it turns out of you do it!

I could only see this being feasible on pavement with sticky tires. I think it would be a nightmare in the dirt. Let us know how it turns out of you do it!

I'll probably do it if I end up bending another front center driveshaft

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back