Typhon Anyone ever tried a drift gyro in their car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I'm thinking of experimenting with a drift gyro on my typhon. Why? because I want to see what a decent drift gyro is like compared to a heading hold type setup.
You can have both drive modes with some gyros like the Futaba while others like the MST 3.0 Rs have taken it even further with filtering to alter drift transition speeds... really interesting stuff but very few reviews.

Anyone ever tried it?

I have I used one of the older sky rc ones on a kraton about 3 years ago, IMO with our 6s trucks and a center diff its not really needed. Now I use the gyro in my radiolink rc6g on my brushless emaxx(heading type), it doesn't have a center diff so it's always wanting to spin out, so for me it's a must. Now these are my experiences, it took to much fun out of my kraton on 6s, but on my emaxx it's a must have. They aren't to expensive I think like $20-25 on ebay/Amazon. Now on Amy 2wd road car it made a huge improvement I feel like a professional, without it on I look terrible. Good luck

I agree with the center diff or even 4wd on two diffs but I bought the RadioLink system for the range and cost of receivers. The gyro is a bonus if one day I get my way more upgraded than it should be 2wd Slash back with a rebuilt tranny. Or if I pick up a 2wd track or road vehicle in the future. Still yet to test it out (I've said this too much w/o doing it) but easy to turn it off ..or not on ..either way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back